Somebody has nicked my headlight!

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Which is a real pain. I've found a second-hand one off ebay for over $500 and I'm just dreading what customs are going to rape me for.

It looks like it was stolen to order as my headlights are xenon and apparently the upgrade is simple if you have the whole light assembly.

My car is a Porsche Cayenne and it was the left light that was taken. Interestingly enough my missus saw another Cayenne in Sosua which had it's right headlight missing!

Coincidence?

Apparently not according to Jan of the MAX Wash in Sosua. He is the authority on Cayennes on the North coast and has had reports of this in the past.

beastwood

Jun 30, 2011
Love your choice in wheels although not much of an suv type myself. But I will say as my time in the dr increases I am conflicted as to what type of car I enjoy more....a 10 year or older s@itbox that always flys under the radar...complete with its one missing headlight....or a big@ss pickup...that easily traverses poor barrio roads and other idiotas that might hit me. But I have a long way to go (thought process wise) before I would feel comfortable having a car of real value in the DR. My way of saying...wow Porsche in the DR! But no judgement...when you love your wheels such annoyances hurt...good luck.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I've never had a car that I can see a way anyone could thieve the lights without popping the hood, which usually mean entering the car to pull the lever.
no other damage?

Nice wheels!

diable410

Sep 14, 2011
Which is a real pain. I've found a second-hand one off ebay for over $500 and I'm just dreading what customs are going to rape me for.

It looks like it was stolen to order as my headlights are xenon and apparently the upgrade is simple if you have the whole light assembly.

My car is a Porsche Cayenne and it was the left light that was taken. Interestingly enough my missus saw another Cayenne in Sosua which had it's right headlight missing!

Coincidence?

Apparently not according to Jan of the MAX Wash in Sosua. He is the authority on Cayennes on the North coast and has had reports of this in the past.

What do you expect...??? Your driving a vehicle that is hard to come by in parts and import. Expect more parts to go missing as your car continues to increase in parts demand.

Personally, I could not see myself driving that vehicle type of a variety or reasons. Get a fully loaded Chevy Tahoe and lets see how many parts go missing. I can ensure you your light and housing will be nowhere near 500 bucks. But who am I to have an opinion? Someone with a Porshe Cayanne couldn't possibly be complaining about the cost of a headlight housing.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
The headlight units are quite easy to remove if you know where to poke with a long blade or something similar. Scratches on the bumper are the telltale sign.

Thanks for your concern diable410. But seriously, a Chevy Tahoe? Why would I want a lorry instead of a fine German SUV that drives like a sports car?

And why can't I complain about someone nicking bits off my car?

diable410

Sep 14, 2011
Well, in both cases you get what you pay for. When you pay for an expensive car, expect "nicks" to have a greater impact.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
You cannot complain and get no sympathy because everyone is aware that in the DR if you do anything that makes you look wealthy you become a target. Its the price of appearances in the DR. The smart money never shows it off. Must be a recent inheritance eh!!!!

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
You cannot complain and get no sympathy because everyone is aware that in the DR if you do anything that makes you look wealthy you become a target. Its the price of appearances in the DR. The smart money never shows it off. Must be a recent inheritance eh!!!!

No nothing to do with inheritance. I just got great deal on my latest drug run.

I guess that listening to your teachers and doing well at school is a crime these days. Can't say that I'm surprised at some of the remarks on this forum.

Last edited:

potatohead

May 10, 2012

Coincidence?

you can afford a Porsche Cayenne but not a garage to park it in?

Dec 26, 2011
1. There's no excuse for theft. You're a victim. To say that you were asking for it would be unkind.

2. As an educated man, you know that material things bring a very ephemeral superficial kind of happiness so you're not really that upset. If you and your loved ones are well, you're the richest man in the world.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Sry, it sucks. They steal my fake 10 dollar Audi lights and I get ****ed. I can just imagine. Then, how the hell do u get a headlight out without popping the hood?? Well the Dominicans are great inventrors of travesura so...

I read that the Cayenne parts are cheap in Greece...

"Which city tops the global list of per capita ownership of Porsche Cayennes? It?s arguably a 100,000 euro question, the starting price for Porsche?s pricey SUV.

London, New York or Larisa? Don?t laugh, but the correct answer is the third.

Larisa, which has about 250,000 inhabitants, is the capital of the agricultural region of Thessaly in central Greece."

Larisa, the capital of the Porsche Cayenne | Athens News

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Ah beeza don't take it personal.

They are just jealous. ;) I do pretty good with my Sportero but my mouth waters when I think of all that high end p*ssy I could get if I owned a Porche or Hummer. ;););)

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
The headlight units are quite easy to remove if you know where to poke with a long blade or something similar. Scratches on the bumper are the telltale sign.

Thanks for your concern diable410. But seriously, a Chevy Tahoe? Why would I want a lorry instead of a fine German SUV that drives like a sports car?

And why can't I complain about someone nicking bits off my car?

"Porsche there is NO substitute" I rode in a Panamera once, no words can describe it. A Tahoe is SUV, and a Camary is a car, but a Panamera and a Cayenne are MACHINES!!!

Why not order the headlight from the Porsche dealership in la Capital instead of going through the headache by ordering it yourself or you and ask around and try to buy back your own light because the demand for that is really low in the DR and might save a great deal of money. I myself think the whole process is going to cost you an arm and a leg. If you told me you lived in LA,or NY and said this I think it will cost you around 1500USD to 2000USD to replace everything and check if any other damage was done when the light was stolen if you go to Porsche.

Good Luck!!!

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
How big is this part? could somebody just throw it in a suitcase and bring it in? No ridiculous customs charges then.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Some amazing comments, can't a guy complain about his pride and joy being stolen/damaged without the back row monkeys chucking bananas around!

potatohead

May 10, 2012
Some amazing comments, can't a guy complain about his pride and joy being stolen/damaged without the back row monkeys chucking bananas around!
maybe I'm jealous? When I arrive in November I hope to purchase a 150cc moto to get around........of course i'm jealous.