Update On Montellano Sugar Factory

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

[h=5]The new owners of the sugar factory in Montellano, made a good start with the work required for the restart of the sugar factory. The construction of the new office, for example, is already in its final phase. The fields are being stripped of the old sugar cane and weeds. Here they came into collision with some families who had illegally appropriated a piece of land and had built a house there. Meanwhile, there are already about 100 workers employed after completing a short course.[/h]
[h=5]They do agricultural work, work in the factory and in the construction of the new office. In the course of this year and next year even more workers will be recruited and trained. Residents of Montellano get priority application for a job. The management of the sugar factory will also assist in starting social activities such as sports, education, art, language and medical care. The management announced that they expect in 2013 to harvest the first sugar cane.[/h]

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
Good news. Went by the other day and everything looked totally rusted. I cannot see how they will be able to utilize any existing plant. Maybe they are replacing everything anew?

bryan1258

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007
Good news. Went by the other day and everything looked totally rusted. I cannot see how they will be able to utilize any existing plant. Maybe they are replacing everything anew?
The place looks like a bone yard as I recall.
If they're going to replace everything, I know some millwrights, electricians, and pipefitters that could put a new facility together.