Porque SI, Porque No Fustration

Wanna

Feb 1, 2006
I am getting frustrated because I do not getting a good explanation from my novia. Example, I ask her did she iron my shirt, she says no, I ask her why not? Her answer, Porque No! This to me is not an answer, I ask her to explain why she did not iron my shirt...she continues with Porque No! Another example, did you eat the whole pie, she answers si, I did not get a slice of it, why did you eat it all? Porque Si! Please explain to me why her answer is Porque SI! Is Porque SI or Porque NO a legitimate answer to a question in DR or she does not want to answer because she ashamed and has no real answer. Or is she just trying to drive me crazy.

Aceleron

Aug 9, 2011
She's not deliberately trying to drive you crazy, but you will go crazy trying to understand women. Should you ask me why? My only reply will be "porque si"!!!

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
I am getting frustrated because I do not getting a good explanation from my novia. Example, I ask her did she iron my shirt, she says no, I ask her why not? Her answer, Porque No! This to me is not an answer, I ask her to explain why she did not iron my shirt...she continues with Porque No! Another example, did you eat the whole pie, she answers si, I did not get a slice of it, why did you eat it all? Porque Si! Please explain to me why her answer is Porque SI! Is Porque SI or Porque NO a legitimate answer to a question in DR or she does not want to answer because she ashamed and has no real answer. Or is she just trying to drive me crazy.

She may not have much more to say than that! you cannot argue with most women here, waste of time!

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Because she is a woman she has to iron your shirt? Is that it do you iron her clothes? If not why not? Porque NO! What a Machisto person. Did you buy the pie for her? Is there some legitimate reason why the lady should not be allowed to eat what she wants? If you had eaten all the pie would youf fee a need to explain why to her? Poor gal get off her case and get alife that doesn't depend on demanding answers from another person for personal things. Did you bring home beer for her? Porque no?
The Dominican Republic is NOT the USA if he is PAYING all the bills she should not eat his pie, and keep his shirts cleaned and ironed. OP explain to her she either follow the RULES or she will not be here, and explain to her your RULES are not flexible nor are you.

She would NEVER pull this crap if she was with a Dominicano.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009

I love your girlfriend :bunny:
I want be just like her when I grow up

Zulu

May 27, 2012
I love it when they do that, Answer a "Question with a Question." What she is saying is; "Why not"! Like when you ask Why she replies Z. haha, man but don't sweat it or panic its a way of life & there is nothing you can do to change it. Have you ever taught an old Dog new tricks? or like my uncle says Old habits die Hard.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2011
If you're not making one another happy, there's a very simple solution. I think you're older than me but I'll share a concept that works for gaining authentic respect as a human being: Never ask someone to do for you what you wouldn't be willing to do for them.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Ok...let me explain. Porque Si and Porque No, mean "Cause I felt or didn't feel like it..." in The DR. In other words she could care less what you think or want. It's normally used when someone asks you why you did this or that and your response is basically "Yeah I did it...what you going to do about it?" Sorry man, but you may want to have a chat with your GF...

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
She is being a bitch right in your face because you are letting her. Kick her out of the house for a week, or cut the money supply and see how her attitude changes. You have to keep them on their toes in DR, otherwise they just lose respect for you.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
She is being a bitch right in your face because you are letting her. Kick her out of the house for a week, or cut the money supply and see how her attitude changes. You have to keep them on their toes in DR, otherwise they just lose respect for you.

I agree with VJS this is her job. Listen up MEN stop letting these women walk all over you, give them back their skirt and be a man after all this is the DR. If you give a woman an inch she will take a_______ fill in the blank. FIRE this GF and get another and when she clean her act up she can APPLY again if you still have a opening. Stop trying to be a "good guy" this will make you MESSED UP real fast in the land they call the Dominican Republic

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Perhaps she normally irons his shirts and doesn't eat all the pie. How many again have you been married.

We are not talking about being married or not, but RULES and REGULATIONS she is not following them at the present. Why would the OP ask if she ironed his shirts if that was not part of her DUTIES.

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
Another sick Macho idiot!
Der Fish

I don't make the rules, that's how it is with *most* DR women, especially the barrio ones - if they read you as weak, they'll start walking all over you. And dude, if you've been married 5 times, the joke is on you.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
I don't make the rules, that's how it is with *most* DR women, especially the barrio ones - if they read you as weak, they'll start walking all over you. And dude, if you've been married 5 times, the joke is on you.

Damn VJS that was BEAUTIFUL!!!! If I could give you 23 thumps up I would have.

Dec 26, 2011
I know exactly what you guys are saying, JMB773 and VJS. But where does that approach stop? At beating them cause that's what dad did to mom, assuming he was around? At treating them disrespectfully like putas cause that's what every guy they ever gave it up to did? Nah. You gotta be who you are. If they don't appreciate that, keep walking. Someone else will. But perpetuating the cycle of abuse they see as normal to be with a dysfunctional person? Sorry. Can't do it. Accept less from my partner than I give? Can't do that either.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
I would keep her! At least you got a straight yes or no answer from her. That is better that 99% of most Dominicans.