Registering an Out of Country Corporation as opposed to Residency in order to work?

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Registering an Out of Country Corporation as opposed to Residency in order to work? Has anyone had any experience with this or know about the procedure?

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
I should clarify my post, I was told if I had a American or Canadian Corp, I could register it in the DR and work under it as opposed to bothering with Residency for work purposes. In other words I wouldn't need residency, is this true? I'm just talking about working...

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
There are two different things -- two different persons. A foreign corporation can do business in the DR (obtain an RNC number, comprobantes fiscalesetc.) after being registered. However, that does not grant the corp. owner the right to live in the DR.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Thank you for the clarifications. My understanding is after I register my foreign corporation in the DR I will be able to work under my corp, but not as an employee for a DR Company. In other words I would need to "invoice" the DR company I do business with.. I guess I'll figure out how my Corp pays taxes in the DR as I go.. FYI, Fabio, I'm contacting Christoph in the PC office to set it up...

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
Chris is a good tax lawyer. Sometimes it's hard to decide which is better: to be an employee of the company or an outside consultant. As an employee you must pay Social Security, etc. (you must also be a resident); as a consultant, the company has to pay ITBIS. It all depends on the amount of income, your personal tax situation, expenses, etc. Chris will need the help of an accountant... which we have in house.