Canadian needing info on residency for DR

Nathalie Gervais

Jun 13, 2012
Hi there,
I love reading all your posts. I've been going to DR for the past 12 years or so, and lately, I have decided to spend more time there. I'm Canadian and I have a job offer lined up in DR, but I need my residency (cedula) and I would like to get advice from other Canadians that have done so. Cost, forms, etc... and any tips will be appreciated. I know it would be much easier if I just got married to a Dominican, but even though I have a bf there, that is not my intention at the moment. Therefore, I would like to do my own residency without having to go through the marriage thing. Thanks so much for any of your advice.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Salut Nathalie and welcome. There's a wealth of info on this forum if you're willing to search. On the top right is the search button. Type in residency and make sure you've got plenty of time cause you'll need it to read thru all the posts. Keep in mind that procedures are changing at this time and no one is quite sure how things are going to end up so it's hard right now to get a straight answer. Check out today's thread on this topic. Good luck!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It is probably wise decision to not get married so that the residency process is easier. As KateP points out there is a confusion right now on the new residency process which at first glance is much more complicated than it was before. Good luck and we hope you find a good lawyer to ease you through the process at a reasonable price Where is your job going to be?