Gordito and Yamazoto in Cabarete

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
Is it politically correct to describe this as Jap-Mex dining? And are we the only ones to think what a great combination this is? Tuna rolls and baja or fish tacos. Yummy. Both these places continue to excel, serving fresh, excellent quality food, at very reasonable prices. While places like American Dinner, across the street, sit empty. Hubby had the sushi combo last week at Yamazoto - while it may not be quite in the same class as Mikado in Montreal or Red Koi in Miami - he says it's pretty darn good. And Gordito's is still best tacos / California-style Mex food going, we think. Good to see hard work and dedication paying off, as both these places appear packed every night. They had a plan, stuck to it, and it sure looks like it's paying off. Kudo's to both.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Is it politically correct to describe this as Jap-Mex dining? And are we the only ones to think what a great combination this is? Tuna rolls and baja or fish tacos. Yummy. Both these places continue to excel, serving fresh, excellent quality food, at very reasonable prices. While places like American Dinner, across the street, sit empty. Hubby had the sushi combo last week at Yamazoto - while it may not be quite in the same class as Mikado in Montreal or Red Koi in Miami - he says it's pretty darn good. And Gordito's is still best tacos / California-style Mex food going, we think. Good to see hard work and dedication paying off, as both these places appear packed every night. They had a plan, stuck to it, and it sure looks like it's paying off. Kudo's to both.

Gorditos is opening a Caribbean themed restaurant next door and will be opening very soon as I was told today.

The food must be good because I go there 2 times per week on my scooter from Sosua for some real FRESH MEX !~

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Get Gordito to tell you the story about how he "acquired" the adjacent location.

Its a Caribbean Dream type story --- reversed

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
The only thing problem is that I prefer sitting on the beach watching the ocean instead of a parking lot.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
What ever !

They serve Fresh Food at great Prices.

When I want a view I go to Jose Oshay's

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Gorditos and Yamazoto both offer excellent food packaged carefully into "to-go" packages so you can sit on the beach to be hassled by the vendors while you enjoy your meals. No problemo!

If you are being hazzled by vendors you have not lived here long enough