• Thread starter "The Tourist Watcher"
  • Start date

Dominicans #1 AGAIN

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

The world of sports has not yet absorbed the news of our ALEX RODRIGUEZ, the best baseball player in this planet receiving the unwordly sum of $250 million bucks for his new contract, when a new shocker has just been revealed coincidentally for the 4th of July fireworks.

A baby face 6ft.4, 195lbs. 16 year old Dominican boy from one of the poorest neighborhoods in Dominican Republic has received the highest signing bonus in the history of baseball, $2.25 million dollars for just signing an autograph with the LA Dodgers!

Irving Joel Guzman now becomes the richest 16 year old prospect of any sport in the history of the world! And the young kid has not even thrown his first baseball in the USA. What is even more amazing is that Irving Joel is an excellent student who speaks fluent English and based on his TV interview during a televised game, he should also receive a bonus as a broadcasting prospect by CNN.

It only goes to prove that while Dominicans are not winning medals in the Olympics, we are winning the battle of the dollar. Hey Remax, any condos available on Anacaona Avenue for Irving?

D

Duarte

I believe you're wrong here. That's not the highest signing bonus in baseball history. It is the highest sign in bonus for a Dominican, from the DR. Alex Rodriguez, for instance got 6.5 million when he got signed. By the way here in the US he's not considered Dominican. I have never heard him say that he's Dominican, like Sammy or Pedro, for instance. I don't know if he considers himself Dominican, since he was born in New York City, even though his parent are from the Dominican Republic, originally.

D

Doug

TW give it a rest.......if I were to put everything that the U.S.A. or Canada was number 1 at this board would be full! The Dominicans put out really good ball players....thats a given, but to say ...."AGAIN" you make it sound as though Domicans are No.1 at everything!!! Give your head a shake and your Dominican ego a rest! If not for the majority here, at least for me!

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Alex Rodriguez received his signing bonus as a professional from the draft and was not the youngest player ever to get that kind of money as a prep selection from the streets. Irving Joel is only 16 and not even a high school graduate. Alex Rodriguez has said time and time again that despite being born in New York he considers himself a Dominican and will play for Dominican Republic in the Olympics or a baseball world cup if the Dominican team makes the selection.

Your nationality in sports has nothing to do with your place of birth. In fact many USA athletes competing in the olympics who are considered Americans were not born in the USA. In his home, the Dominican flag is first.

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Doug: why do you dislike Dominicans? This is a board for people who like to hear news about our country. The information I gave did not appear in DR1 news, yet it was the number one piece of news in sports in our papers.

Of course the United States is number one in many things and they make you sick repeating time and time again everytime they win a lousy medal over anything that is not even considered a real sport. How many days in a row did they shove in your face when they won a hockey game over the Russians?

Why do you mention Canada? Dominican Republic has better paid athletes than Canada by a million miles. We have the largest contingent of baseball players of any nation outside of the USA and we are #1 per capita, per sq. meter. How much land and how many million people does it take Canada to produce a world class athlete. Who in Canad is better known than Sammy Sosa? Give us a break pal. Dont be so jealous.

J

Joachim

Lets see if he would put the Dominican flag first if they paid him is pesos?

D

DeanO

WHO?

"Who in Canada is better known than Sammy Sosa?"
Someone who, you don't have a clue, a gentlemen call Gretzky, Wayne Gretzky, and Hockey, is a Real Sport.
Give "All" of us a break, pal.
DeanO

D

Doug

TW, I don't dislike Dominicans, in fact quite the opposite! I love to hear news, (not someone bragging about bull****)about the D.R., that's why I come here TW....????? Yes the U.S.A is No. 1 in many things,and who are "they" we know who the "they is here....it's you! If you think the D.R. has better paid athletes than Canada ( which is so irrelevent...it's stupid to talk about it)you are the one who is so misinformed.....ever heard of the NHL? over 200 Canadien players in the league! That is just one sport. Who in Canada is better known than Sammy.....ever hear of Greztky???? Bobby Orr????? Yes Dominican has more baseball players than Canada.....you are soooo right. But guess what TW.....Canada has more downhill skiers than the D.R. and Jamiaca put together......what do you think of that? Pretty impressive eh? Lets Think before we speak ok?

L

Lyse

Maurice Richard, Jean B?liveau, Raymond Bourque, Guy Lafleur Patrick Roy, Wayne... and many more are world class athletes.

M

mia

Alex

Alex is very proud of his Dominican heritage. He visits the DR in the offseason and still has friends and family there.

D

Doug

TW the D.R. has 8 million ppl

Canada has 28

So we have 3 and one half more ppl

But we have probably 50 times as many ppl in pro sports than the D.R. So get your facts straight, when you want to put Canada down

S

SCARAMOOCH

Dominican are also #1 in

BRAGGING
WANTING TO LEAVE THE DR
DRIVING MOTO-CONCHOS
SANKY PANKIES
CHULOS
SMALL TIME DRUG DEALERS
HAVING CHILDREN OUT OF WEDLOCK
HANGING AROUND BROTHELS
DRINKING BEER
DRINKING RUM
DRIVING CRAZY
CONNING PEOPLE
BEING DISHONEST
PLAYING DOMINOS ON STREET CORNERS
BEING LOUD
BEING PRETENTIOUS
CHASING WOMEN
LAZY
THROWING GARBAGE OUT OF WINDOWS
FREELOADING
LAMBONES

D

Duarte

Wrong!!! Wane Gretzky is not betten known than Sammy Sosa...Maybe in Canada, which is still debatable. FYI Outside of Canada, USA and a few european countries nobody cares about Hockey. Outside of these countries nobody's ever heard of Gretzky. An even in the US I bet you that If I go out on the street and ask people if they know who Wayne Gretzky is, as well who Sammy Sosa or Alex Rodriguez are...More people would know who the Dominicans are than the canadian. Hockey is not a widely watched sport...Again except for Canada. Even here in Hockeytown USA is not as popular as Football or Baseball...

D

Duarte

Re: PHOTOS!

What's the point of the picture? Are Brian Daubach and Lou Merloni Dominicans too? Jason Varitek, David Cone?

D

Duarte

I recent this post. Granted that there are some things here that Dominicans do, but so does every culture including yours, wherever you're from. For you to say that Dominicans are the laziest people in the world, that we are the worst freeloaders in the world, etc. is unconscionable, and bigoted. I don't know where you're from pal, but if that's what you think about Dominicans you're better served not coming to the DR or to anywhere where Dominican issues are discussed. We don't need your kind.
FYI...Dominicans are also number one in providing ass whipping to people who talk trash...like you.

A

Abraham S.

I posted this to the board yesterday I was a sarcarms refering how anti dominican this board has become, it got deleted.

Go figure.

Posted yesterday:
>I wouldn't post articles about great Dominicans, or any kind
of positive aspect of the DR.

You're better off telling the world how horrible, dirty, creepy and uneducated Dominicans are.

How economics suck, how stupid the Army is and what racists Dominicans are, be sure to compare the DR with first word countries like US, Canada and UK, say "hey we here in Canada don't have blackouts, so, we are better human beings than you", use derogative adjectives like banana republic, third world cesspool, ignorant islanders, thieves, smelly and prostitutes.

I am sure you'll get a lot of slaps in the back for those kinds of posts.

So, save your patriotic outbursts and jump into the slurring wagon, WOOHPEE!!

A

Abraham S.

Re: WHO?

Wayne Gretzky?
Who the hell is that?, go ask any American who's Wayne Gretzky, I am sure ( I would bet money on it) 9 out of 10 people won't have a clue.

Hokey?, yeah, Hockey is played in Canada and....Russia more exactly, Siberia, Baseball is played all over the world.

B

Becca

Hey Scaramooch, I just wanted to let you know, anywhere you go in this world there will be people like the ones you described. I am happy to see that all these people have respect for their country. I am sorry you all feel this way. I have fallen in love with the Dominican people and the country. Every time I come for a visit, I go to Los Alcarrizos. My "family" there and all my friends continue to teach me the important things in life. from reading this board I see that most of you are just as bad as Americans, wanting more and being selish, not having anything positive to say about anything. I am deeply sorry for all of you who continue to put negative posts on this board. This board has been great help to me and I continue to learn many things from it.