Places to stay in Cabarete

KrownPrince

Jun 18, 2012
My buddies and I are planning a trip to Cabarete to celebrate our 25th birthday. What are the guest friendly hotels/condos in Cabarete?

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
If you are ok to stay a 10 minute drive away from the town, I would rent a house in Perla Marina - something like a 3-4 bedroom with a private pool.

Jan 17, 2009
Many hotels in Cabarete are guest friendly. It depends on your budget. For example, Velero and Kaoba, one very nice, the other more like budget. Alegria is too. Take a look at the listings here or on Tripadvisor. Pick one and contact the hotel to verify. Most will have your guests leave their ID at reception, for your protection.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
hope you have fun. it's a shame though that you guys are 25 and looking for hookers. i think i would save the money for plastic surgery..:ermm:

hueman

Jun 21, 2012
Hey there,
let me know how many of you there are and when you will be here for.
I have a very good friend who owns some awesome apartments right in the town centre yet still quiet and a beautiful oasis behind the scene!
He also includes cheap gear rental so if you want to kitesurf or windsurf or whatever, you'd be in the right place.
It's right across the main road from the beach and next to a supermarket, all very central.
You can also do as you please there pretty much, theres a nice pool and a communal bar.
It's not expensive either.
Let me know and I can hook you up!

Jan 17, 2009
If you stay in a condo or villa and bring your guests, don't be surprised then if some of your belongings go missing. There is a reason why hotels ask guests to leave their ID in reception, your protection.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Go stay in Sosua. Cabarete is a short, cheap drive away. Get a villa or two in Residencial Casa Linda or Residencial Hispaniola. They're very nice, and reasonably priced, and can both be found with an easy google search. You'll need cars, but trust me, if you're looking for "guest friendly" facilities, you'll likely end up on Av. Pedro Clisante in Sosua anyway, which is where you'll find what you're looking for, in huge numbers.

Be safe, have fun, and remember, it's just a vacation - don't get caught up.

May 29, 2006
Hotel Koaba has bungalows along with several other options and is right in the middle of downtown across the road from the beach. There isn't much of a town in Cabarete compared to Sosua but the beach is open at night which is a big plus. I've seen some good live shows on the beach sponsored by beer and rum companies with dancers and live music. You may want to book a few days in Cabarete and then try Sosua as well or split your group so you can crash in either town or have one room for more privacy. Be careful crossing the road in Cabarete. It may be a small town, but that is the main highway for the north coast. Lots of threads here on do's and don't's.

KrownPrince

Jun 18, 2012
Thanks for the advice everyone! As far as the nightlife goes, how does Cabarete compare to Sosua? SHould we make a trip to Puerto Plata one night?

Jan 17, 2009
Sosua, seedy, which is what you are looking for. Cabarete, you have a choice, same as Sosua in much smaller scale, and bars with a good mix of tourists and expats.

Thanks for the advice everyone! As far as the nightlife goes, how does Cabarete compare to Sosua? SHould we make a trip to Puerto Plata one night?

cocacola33

Oct 25, 2005
Is Cabarete busy of a night time with both tourists and locals? If you travel there for just one night, what is the best night to go and where is the best place to party? Thanks in advance :)