Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Premium for Medical Insurance

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Premium for Medical Insurance

Hello,

I have ARS Colonial for more than two years and used to pay 6600 Pesos every six months. Today i went to pay the premium and they asked me to pay 9600 pesos. An increase of 50%. They say that medical insurance premium was hiked for all plans in all the companies. Is that true?

Is there any better plan than this for 10000 pesos every six months?

Thanks in advance.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to mention that it is for a single person.

Moderator - Off-Topic
    Post Thanks / Like

So, you're paying $50 a month now?

Off Topic - Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I have ARS MetaSalud with Plan Estrella Plus,their top of the line coverage, and I pay 9,600 per year.
    This is for me alone and I am 64 years of age. I couldn't even dream about having this in the states.............
    And they don't end the coverage at 65, it's just a few pesos more..............

B in Santiago

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by waytogo View Post
    I have ARS MetaSalud with Plan Estrella Plus,their top of the line coverage, and I pay 9,600 per year.
    This is for me alone and I am 64 years of age. I couldn't even dream about having this in the states.............

B in Santiago
    Wow, that is amazing! I am 36 and pay $313 per month, which is half of the actual amount as my employer pays 50%. So to cover a 36 male non smoker is $25,000 pesos per month. Jesus!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

B in Santiago
    Never heard of it but if it pays, it's good. I'm 67 and Humano (They say the biggest on the island) costs me the same. I have yet to pay 1 centavo to CMC even for up to 4 days in the clinic. Had X-rays done yesterday (Metal hips) and visit with an orthopedist (70.00 pesos) for the X-Ray total disbusement.

Off Topic - Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Used the coverage for the first time last week for a complete blood work-up. They would only pay for the first 1500 BUT, if I returned the next day for the balance of 800 DP, they would pay for that also. In other words, 1500 in Lab work daily, (what a scheme). I didn't want to come back and spend 2-4 hours there waiting so I just paid the difference. I'll see what happens later if more is needed.

B in Santiago

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
    Never heard of it but if it pays, it's good. I'm 67 and Humano (They say the biggest on the island) costs me the same. I have yet to pay 1 centavo to CMC even for up to 4 days in the clinic. Had X-rays done yesterday (Metal hips) and visit with an orthopedist (70.00 pesos) for the X-Ray total disbusement.
    How much do you pay?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DRob View Post
    So, you're paying $50 a month now?
    Yes, it is almost. But the problem is it has no full coverage. I just need them only in case of any emergency. It is not useful if needed casual visits to the doctor. Covers nothing. For example,300 pesos only for consultation.In fact for the first one year I had never used it.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

B in Santiago
    It is a very good deal. But how is the acceptance, do many hospitals accept this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast