Looking For A Chinese Wok

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Is there an actual restaurant supply house in Santiago. I used to do my own cooking on a Chinese Wok and am looking to start cooking on one again. Not an electric but propane, they get much hotter. If there is a supply house in the Capital I don't mind going there to purchase.
Thanks in advance..........:cheeky:

B in Santiago

NYerinDR

Jan 9, 2004
I kinow the Chinese restaurant " Super Rico" in Santiago has them. They have a litlle shop inside and I saw them. Super Rico is next to the gas station in Duarte Ave. I don't know the exact address, just do a search of the restaurant on DR1, you will find it.

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I know the Chinese restaurant " Super Rico" in Santiago has them. They have a little shop inside and I saw them. Super Rico is next to the gas station in Duarte Ave. I don't know the exact address, just do a search of the restaurant on DR1, you will find it.

I eat there all the time, best Chinese food in town.............
But, Isn't it a restaurant only, never saw them selling or making anything besides great food..............
Are you saying they might be selling the woks on the side, will have to look into this..........
Maybe I'll luck out.........

B in Santiago

NYerinDR

Jan 9, 2004
The little shop is across the cashier station, you can't miss it. Walk in, left hand side on the bottom shelf. Good luck.

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
The little shop is across the cashier station, you can't miss it. Walk in, left hand side on the bottom shelf. Good luck.

I think you are misunderstanding me, I am not looking for the wok cooking utensil itself, I am looking for the steel box with 4 legs with the actual propane brass cooking rings that will get upwards of 100,000 to approx. 125,000 BTU.
This is the actual semi portable single burner stove for Wok cooking...........
FOR SUPER FAST COOKING, CHINESE STYLE.....
They sell in the states for about 600 Dollars.

B in Santiago

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I think you are misunderstanding me, I am not looking for the wok cooking utensil itself, I am looking for the steel box with 4 legs with the actual propane brass cooking rings that will get upwards of 100,000 to approx. 125,000 BTU.

B in Santiago

For that I would get a round propane gas burner and work with local welder to build you the frame. I am using those burners in my custom built BBQ and they work well. Do you have a good source for peanut oil to handle the high temperatures?

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I never thought of that, it would be a lot cheaper to have one built.....
Where did you locate those high BTU high temp propane gas burners........
Normal burners won't even come close to the high temp that is needed for authentic Chinese cooking.......
As far as the peanut oil, Internet...shipping will be expensive, but that's what you have to do here..........

B in Santiago

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I got the round burners from a local hardware store. They are green in color and I think about $40. They may not be the super hot burners you need, but they work fine in the BBQ.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
$%28KGrHqJ,%21pIE8VYBKwlPBPL,Q%21uG5%21%7E%7E60_3.JPG

May be more like the burner you need:

23 TIP LP PROPANE GAS CAST IRON BRASS STOVE COOKING RANGE STOVETOP JET BURNER | eBay

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Check out Estufania...down Las Carreras on the right side on a corner. The have burners outside, mostly made of car wheels, with legs and multi-ring burners inside. THAT POST THAT BEAT MINE IS SHOWING A PERFECT BURNER FOR A WOK...DAMN, THAT THING MUST SUCK UP PROPANE LIKE A jUMBO JET SUCKS AVGAS!!! wHOOSH!!!!!

hOW MIUCH ARE THEY???????????????/

HB

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Check out Estufania...down Las Carreras on the right side on a corner. The have burners outside, mostly made of car wheels, with legs and multi-ring burners inside. THAT POST THAT BEAT MINE IS SHOWING A PERFECT BURNER FOR A WOK...DAMN, THAT THING MUST SUCK UP PROPANE LIKE A jUMBO JET SUCKS AVGAS!!! wHOOSH!!!!!

HB
The thing is, you only cook for about 2 minutes max and your done.......Flash Extreme heat cooking....
The brass one is pretty close to what I am looking for. More burners, more BTU's
B in Santiago

Last edited:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The Ebay unit says Up to 92,000 BTU/HR. Could be enough. I bet you can make 5 to 10 of them here for the price of the ARWR-J16.

May 29, 2006

B in Santiago

A $40-$60 turkey fryer in the US will pump out 70,000 btus and should be fine for any wok under 30". They sell through Amazon/Lowes/ Home Depot if you can get it shipped. I've seen them as cheap as $30 with the pot included. I had a double burner CampChef cooker($100) a few years back and it was nice to have the extra burner to hold utensils and ingredients.

Amazon.com: Bayou Classic SP10 High-Pressure Outdoor Gas Cooker, Propane: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Camp-chef-and-tank-c.jpg

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006

HB

Barry,

I know where this place is located, it's on my path to Pola / Jumbo.
Be glad to take you by there to check out the place.

Don

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Barry,

I know where this place is located, it's on my path to Pola / Jumbo.
Be glad to take you by there to check out the place.

Don

I'm up right now..................let's go.......lol
We can beat the traffic..............

B in Santiago

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I'm up right now..................let's go.......lol
We can beat the traffic..............

B in Santiago

AFTER, you help me paint the roof of my house TODAY!

The temperature is supposed to reach 100 oF today, you WILL NOT need that burner!!!!!