Nice spots to eat in Santiago?

rushfan

Jan 18, 2012
What are some good spots to eat in Santiago? I'm talking anything from diner type places, to table service restaurants, etc. I remember last year going to this place in Jamao, called El Molino de la Cumbre. I do not remember how we got there (a friend drove us) but we were spiraling up and up a road until we got to the top, and the restaurant was amazing. Great food, and it's like on a mountain so there are stunning views of Santiago. This is it right here:

Places to go: El Molino - Restaurant - Ready for DR - Dominican Republic Real Etate

So what places would you guys recommend?

(PS, to anyone whose been to El Molino, I would like to visit again but don't remember exactly how we got there. All I know is that it's in Jamao. Could you explain?) :laugh:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
First of all, do a search of "restaurants Santiago" ....

As for how to get to El Molino...let me assume that you are in Santiago.
1) Go to Moca and in Estancia Nueva turn left and go towards San Victor. At the major intersection where there is a Police Station and a big fuel station, there are signs that indicate JAMAO. Turn right.

2) Go to Tamboril, keep going to Canca La Reina, Canca La Piedra etc, until you get to the same intersection and turn left.

Go up the hill until you get to El Molino. (A little further up is Cafeto, also good food.

HB

Dec 26, 2011
First of all, do a search of "restaurants Santiago" ....

As for how to get to El Molino...let me assume that you are in Santiago.
1) Go to Moca and in Estancia Nueva turn left and go towards San Victor. At the major intersection where there is a Police Station and a big fuel station, there are signs that indicate JAMAO. Turn right.

2) Go to Tamboril, keep going to Canca La Reina, Canca La Piedra etc, until you get to the same intersection and turn left.

Go up the hill until you get to El Molino. (A little further up is Cafeto, also good food.

HB

I'll be in Moca in August. If I must pick between El Molino and Cafeto, what's the best bet?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If you've been to El Molino as well, how would you compare the two?

I have been at all three more than once. I like El Molino best, than Cafeto and Cumbre a close third. All are good. Cafeto is big on Crepes, so if you like that go there. El Molino had pretty good imported beef. Cumbre has some nice wines, but I have not been there since El Molino opened.

May 12, 2005
There are lots and lots of good places to eat in Santiago. For quick inexpensive local fare try Max Delicias or La Marchena. For fancy expensive there is Pez Dorado. I could go on and on.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
There are lots and lots of good places to eat in Santiago. For quick inexpensive local fare try Max Delicias or La Marchena. For fancy expensive there is Pez Dorado. I could go on and on.

Where would these two be located..........
Last time I ate at Pez Dorado I was very disappointed.............

B in Santiago

May 12, 2005
La Marchena is on Estrella Sadhala next to the Hotel Platino and Max Deliciasis at the end of Calle Del Sol by the traffic circle at the intersection of Estrella Sadhala.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Paparazzo is a decent place to dine.

Calle Mauricio Alvarez #6

809-587-6578

Aceleron

Aug 9, 2011
Also try ill' Pasticcio Restaurant, right behind Supermercado Nacional. Great pastas at a very reasonable price.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
In El Rancho the imported beef is the meat to order. The local beef in El Rancho is nothing to write home about.

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
Chef Pepper is now open in Santiago and provides imported Aberdeen Angus for half the price of Hooters or Tony Roma's. Excellent home service for buying meats, lamb and beef.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Chef Pepper is now open in Santiago and provides imported Aberdeen Angus for half the price of Hooters or Tony Roma's. Excellent home service for buying meats, lamb and beef.

I tried them once. Never again. Just my 2 cents, others might like it.