DR1ers BEWARE!!!!!!!

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Beware!!!

DR1 members,

There are some people intercepting
your windows "error message reports" Then they call you and identify themselves as MICROSOFT TECH SUPPORT and state that the reason why they are calling you is beause there is a malicious app in your computer that is affecting 50% of the computers using windows throughout the world.

They will ask you to perform a couple of task on your computer and ask you to pull up event viewer and ask you to count all the warnings and and the message errors. They tell you that it is the reason your computer is slow and to let them take over of your computer remotely so that they can remove it for you.

Once they take over your computer they tell you that you need to buy one of their virus and technical support packages that range from $129 to over $3000 usd, good for 6 months to 3 years.

When you tell the person that you need to think about it before you buy anything the techinician then calls his manager who then starts clicking and opening your files and tells you that you need to to protect those files by buying their products. When you continue to tell him that you need to think abut it he then starts deleting your files and tells you that if you dont buy he is gonna crash your computer and that the only way the files could be restored is if you spend no less than $199.00 on one of their service packages. Luckily my friend wisened up enough to shut off his computer which terminated their remote connection before he could continue deleting more files.

After that, they kept calling and calling and my friend hanging up or just ignoring the phone. They asked my friend why he shut off the computer and kept telling him that he is was going to lose all the files they have already deleted unless they restore it by buying one of their service packages to which my friend responded with an "I Dont care about those files, they were not important to me and I was just procrastinating to delete them myself"

Don't fall victim to such unethical and scamming individuals

This company goes by the name Tech Zone

When my friend called back their number to make a complaint and to threat them with a lawsuit the person started to babble in Korean and Japanese before hanging up.

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
Thanx for the warning,

But.....what moron would fall for that crap??.........

Last edited by a moderator:
May 29, 2006
That's OK, I found out this guy is trying to get like $15 million out of Nigeria and he needs my help to get it to a US Bank. I'll be getting 10% commission!

May 29, 2006
The "send error reports" are prob fake pop-ups. The OP may want to check their firewalls, stop using Internet Explorer, and find another email provider than AOL... :)

May 29, 2006
Amazing how these comic strips hold up after more than 10 years:

ComputerHolyWars01.gif

240803829_9212773615_o.png