Dominican authorities don?t function, Cardinal Says

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Dominican authorities don?t function, Cardinal Says

80E056BE-D370-4972-8942-2BF4D0726DF2.jpeg

(NOTE THE VERY NICE HAT!)

Santo Domingo.- Cardinal Nicolas de Jesus Lopez Rodriguez yesterday railed against the disorder in the country, where "there?s no authority here which functions. Neither council nor police nor anybody."
His rebuke of the alleged poor management fuels the row over the Colonial Zone?s future and morass, which despite UNESCO?s World Heritage Site declaration, pits residents and bar and restaurant owners.
After a mass in the Cathedral of America, the also Santo Domingo Archbishop supported the priests? complaints of the Zone?s crime, also blamed on poor street lighting and lack of surveillance. ?I?s nothing new, but gives the impression that the authorities don?t function.?
Suggests austerity to next Administration
Lopez, who suggested austerity for Danilo Medina?s Administration, slammed the ballooned payrolls in the diplomatic corps, and the consuls without functions abroad. "I'm no friend of inflated cabinets."

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
the good Cardinal observes

but gives the impression that the authorities don’t function.”

now that is what i call the art of understatement.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
He needs to move to a different neighborhood. Rumor has it that he was the architect behind the decree to close bars at midnight, because he thought the bars were too loud and he couldn't sleep.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Pass me the chips.

Chip should be returning rested and ready to bang tomorrow....

How will he "bang" the cardinal as a good Catholic? :rolleyes:

But then, as a 151% Dominican, how can he let the archbishop get away with his slander? :ermm:

Tricky, this one.

Pass me the chips, aeh crisps.... :classic:

donP

Mariot

Oct 13, 2009
dominican authorities are not designed to function (or, differently put, they are functioning very well, it's just that they are designed to serve a different purpose). the cardinal is an important figure in the countries power structure and knows this very well. other than that, i don't really get what his problem is.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
I wish the Cardinal would be as tough on all those priests that "enjoy getting cozy" with children.