Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Antony Santos "El Mayimbe" Jailed

Off Topic - Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Antony Santos "El Mayimbe" Jailed

Instead of me writing all kinds of stuff trying to explain, here's the link............

Antony Santos jailed in the holding cells of the District Attorney - Diario Libre Movil

B in Santiago

2. Likes BermudaRum, SantiagoDR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

He is now free on 2 million pesos bail

4. Likes BermudaRum liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting about the judge refusing bail. Today the local channel for POP says that his concert at NY Ranch tomorrow night is still on.

Off Topic - Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
    He is now free on 2 million pesos bail
    Money talks.......Bull$hit walks..............
    I was Antony's English teacher for his song "The Tide Is High"...........and his friend.....
    He treated me with the utmost respect and rewarded me well for my time...........
    He's very professional and a great entertainer...........

B in Santiago

7. Likes wuarhat liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

From today's DR1 News:
    Anthony Santos jailed

Bachata singer Anthony Santos was in court yesterday Thursday 28 June accused of plagiarism. The plaintiff is seeking RD$12 million in damages.

Santos arrived at the court accompanied by his lawyers Carlos Balcacer and Carlos Olivares and his manager Junior Ramirez, and denied the accusation, saying that he would demonstrate that he had written the song "Me quiero morir" and that the plaintiff Teodoro Rodriguez Perez just wanted to rip him off.

Anthony Santos denied that he had come to an agreement with the plaintiff.

Assistant prosecutor Hector Romero asked the judge, Evelyn Torres to set bail at three million pesos and impose an exit ban on Santos.

He said that the bachata singer also had another writ against him for plagiarism, by the singer Ney Nilo for the songs "El mensaje" and "Mi triste carta", for which he was asking for RD$15 million.

As reported in El Dia, Santos said that he is seeking to reach an agreement with Ney Nilo who has not been available for the conciliation.

The judge however, did not impose any bail terms, but once the hearing was over, the Public Prosecutor for the National District produced an arrest warrant and Anthony Santos was taken to jail.

Santos' lawyers labeled their client's imprisonment as political persecution because he had supported ex-presidential candidate Hipolito Mejia in the elections.

www.listindiario.com/entretenimiento/2012/6/28/237843/Anthony-Santos-acude-este-mediodia-al-tribunal-que-le-conocera-medida-de

www.diariolibre.com/revista/2012/06/28/i341836_arrestan-bachatero-anthony-santos.html

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default DR justice

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    From today's DR1 News:
    Anthony Santos jailed

Bachata singer Anthony Santos was in court yesterday Thursday 28 June accused of plagiarism. The plaintiff is seeking RD$12 million in damages.

Santos arrived at the court accompanied by his lawyers Carlos Balcacer and Carlos Olivares and his manager Junior Ramirez, and denied the accusation, saying that he would demonstrate that he had written the song "Me quiero morir" and that the plaintiff Teodoro Rodriguez Perez just wanted to rip him off.

Anthony Santos denied that he had come to an agreement with the plaintiff.

Assistant prosecutor Hector Romero asked the judge, Evelyn Torres to set bail at three million pesos and impose an exit ban on Santos.

He said that the bachata singer also had another writ against him for plagiarism, by the singer Ney Nilo for the songs "El mensaje" and "Mi triste carta", for which he was asking for RD$15 million.

As reported in El Dia, Santos said that he is seeking to reach an agreement with Ney Nilo who has not been available for the conciliation.

The judge however, did not impose any bail terms, but once the hearing was over, the Public Prosecutor for the National District produced an arrest warrant and Anthony Santos was taken to jail.

Santos' lawyers labeled their client's imprisonment as political persecution because he had supported ex-presidential candidate Hipolito Mejia in the elections.

www.listindiario.com/entretenimiento/2012/6/28/237843/Anthony-Santos-acude-este-mediodia-al-tribunal-que-le-conocera-medida-de

www.diariolibre.com/revista/2012/06/28/i341836_arrestan-bachatero-anthony-santos.html
    what idiot prosecutor seeks 3 million in bail and an exit ban on the nation's most popular entertainer ???? Where in the heck is he going to go ??? For plagiarism none the less. Jackass.

10. Likes waytogo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Antony Santos is NOT the "Mayimbe" ....the Mayimbe is someone else....

His issue is copyright violations....

HB

Moderator DR1.com

Off Topic - Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Antony Santos is NOT the "Mayimbe" ....the Mayimbe is someone else....

His issue is copyright violations....

HB
    Why do you say he is not..............
    I addressed him as this when he called me on stage to introduce him............
    Check all the pertinent websites, he has always been the one known as "El Mayimbe".....

Antony Santos ''El Mayimbe'' | Facebook

B in Santiago

Post Thanks / Like

Okay....

Fernando Villalona is THE Mayimbe....EOS

Now Antony Santos is also known as the Mayimbe de la Bachata, but in this country THE Mayimbe is Fernando Villalona...

Got it? Good!!

Lession over!

HB, with a smile (I know Jack about the farándula, but I do know my Mayimbes)

Moderator DR1.com

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

maybe he doesn't have a valid visa.........? They are getting ruthless around here, I'm scared to go out!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast