Antony Santos "El Mayimbe" Jailed

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Interesting about the judge refusing bail. Today the local channel for POP says that his concert at NY Ranch tomorrow night is still on.:confused:

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
He is now free on 2 million pesos bail

Money talks.......Bull$hit walks..............
I was Antony's English teacher for his song "The Tide Is High"...........and his friend.....
He treated me with the utmost respect and rewarded me well for my time...........
He's very professional and a great entertainer...........

B in Santiago

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
From today's DR1 News:
[h=3]Anthony Santos jailed[/h]Bachata singer Anthony Santos was in court yesterday Thursday 28 June accused of plagiarism. The plaintiff is seeking RD$12 million in damages.

Santos arrived at the court accompanied by his lawyers Carlos Balcacer and Carlos Olivares and his manager Junior Ramirez, and denied the accusation, saying that he would demonstrate that he had written the song "Me quiero morir" and that the plaintiff Teodoro Rodriguez Perez just wanted to rip him off.

Anthony Santos denied that he had come to an agreement with the plaintiff.

Assistant prosecutor Hector Romero asked the judge, Evelyn Torres to set bail at three million pesos and impose an exit ban on Santos.

He said that the bachata singer also had another writ against him for plagiarism, by the singer Ney Nilo for the songs "El mensaje" and "Mi triste carta", for which he was asking for RD$15 million.

As reported in El Dia, Santos said that he is seeking to reach an agreement with Ney Nilo who has not been available for the conciliation.

The judge however, did not impose any bail terms, but once the hearing was over, the Public Prosecutor for the National District produced an arrest warrant and Anthony Santos was taken to jail.

Santos' lawyers labeled their client's imprisonment as political persecution because he had supported ex-presidential candidate Hipolito Mejia in the elections.

www.listindiario.com/entretenimiento/2012/6/28/237843/Anthony-Santos-acude-este-mediodia-al-tribunal-que-le-conocera-medida-de

www.diariolibre.com/revista/2012/06/28/i341836_arrestan-bachatero-anthony-santos.html

kdolo

Mar 9, 2009
DR justice

From today's DR1 News:
[h=3]Anthony Santos jailed[/h]Bachata singer Anthony Santos was in court yesterday Thursday 28 June accused of plagiarism. The plaintiff is seeking RD$12 million in damages.

Santos arrived at the court accompanied by his lawyers Carlos Balcacer and Carlos Olivares and his manager Junior Ramirez, and denied the accusation, saying that he would demonstrate that he had written the song "Me quiero morir" and that the plaintiff Teodoro Rodriguez Perez just wanted to rip him off.

Anthony Santos denied that he had come to an agreement with the plaintiff.

Assistant prosecutor Hector Romero asked the judge, Evelyn Torres to set bail at three million pesos and impose an exit ban on Santos.

He said that the bachata singer also had another writ against him for plagiarism, by the singer Ney Nilo for the songs "El mensaje" and "Mi triste carta", for which he was asking for RD$15 million.

As reported in El Dia, Santos said that he is seeking to reach an agreement with Ney Nilo who has not been available for the conciliation.

The judge however, did not impose any bail terms, but once the hearing was over, the Public Prosecutor for the National District produced an arrest warrant and Anthony Santos was taken to jail.

Santos' lawyers labeled their client's imprisonment as political persecution because he had supported ex-presidential candidate Hipolito Mejia in the elections.

www.listindiario.com/entretenimiento/2012/6/28/237843/Anthony-Santos-acude-este-mediodia-al-tribunal-que-le-conocera-medida-de

www.diariolibre.com/revista/2012/06/28/i341836_arrestan-bachatero-anthony-santos.html

what idiot prosecutor seeks 3 million in bail and an exit ban on the nation's most popular entertainer ???? Where in the heck is he going to go ??? For plagiarism none the less. Jackass.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Antony Santos is NOT the "Mayimbe" ....the Mayimbe is someone else....

His issue is copyright violations....

HB

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Antony Santos is NOT the "Mayimbe" ....the Mayimbe is someone else....

His issue is copyright violations....

HB

Why do you say he is not..............
I addressed him as this when he called me on stage to introduce him............
Check all the pertinent websites, he has always been the one known as "El Mayimbe".....

Antony Santos ''El Mayimbe'' | Facebook

B in Santiago

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Okay....

Fernando Villalona is THE Mayimbe....EOS

Now Antony Santos is also known as the Mayimbe de la Bachata, but in this country THE Mayimbe is Fernando Villalona...

Got it? Good!!

Lession over!

HB, with a smile (I know Jack about the far?ndula, but I do know my Mayimbes)

kimbjorkland

Apr 6, 2011
Why would he need a visa if he's born here?

No this is called judicial embezzlement. It's what happens in 3rd world countries where there's no justice.

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Okay....

Fernando Villalona is THE Mayimbe....EOS

Now Antony Santos is also known as the Mayimbe de la Bachata, but in this country THE Mayimbe is Fernando Villalona...

Got it? Good!!

Lession over!

HB, with a smile (I know Jack about the far?ndula, but I do know my Mayimbes)

Good job............you got me........lol

B in Santiago