Uk spouse visa time line

Mattinthedr

Mar 21, 2011
Hi guys my wife has recently made her application to come and live in the uk with me and we were wondering if anybody has made an application recently of this type that has been processed by the high commission in kingston, Jamaica which according to the british embassy in santo domingo this is where they are done.

It would be nice to know peoples experiences and there time line of how long the application took.

So far this is our time line

15 june 2012 application made online

20 june 2012 appointment in british embassy santo domingo for document submission and biometrics

26 june 2012 ukba kingston received application to process

karen.miller1963

Apr 30, 2009
Hi
My husband submitted his application in SD on the 31st of May we were told it would take 4- 6 weeks . Hopefully we will hear in the next few days fingers crossed . :��

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Expect a delay, there has been a massive amount of applications submitted to beat the 9th of July change.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Sorry Anna, you're wrong.
The payment timeline is 1 week before the test, but if you speak to Doris or Regan they will allow you pay on the day! Earlier the better, but they are pretty helpful. As long as they have your passport number you're good to go.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Well she is wrong also, I was talking to Regan about it last week. The results are presently taking Up to 3 weeks to come back, and you can't put your application in until you have the code back. So the issue is not taking the test, it is in getting the results code back in time. I think a few people will get a shock as on some websites it says you can get the results more or less directly afterwards, not the case.

karen.miller1963

Apr 30, 2009
Hi just to let you know my husband received his visa yesterday .... Time line 8 weeks from biometric test ... Good luck and hope all goes well for you

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
Sorry Anna, you're wrong.
The payment timeline is 1 week before the test, but if you speak to Doris or Regan they will allow you pay on the day! Earlier the better, but they are pretty helpful. As long as they have your passport number you're good to go.

The six week timeline for paying was in reference to the St georges school ESOL test not the TOEIC test which you pay for 8 days before the test, allthough if they have allowed some to pay on the day all the better but I would not advise anyone to presume they can do so.

My husband received his results 3 weeks after the test.