Anderson Silva vs Chael Sonnen

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Wassup guys big MMA fight this weekend whos going to have it in Sosua or Cabarete and who do you think will win ??? I got Sonnen but both guys got points to proove and Silva is really ticked off at the trash talk for the last 2 years by Sonnen so might be the deciding factor !

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Wassup guys big MMA fight this weekend whos going to have it in Sosua or Cabarete and who do you think will win ??? I got Sonnen but both guys got points to proove and Silva is really ticked off at the trash talk for the last 2 years by Sonnen so might be the deciding factor !

Not sure where in the North, but down here in SD, is Outback or Hooters.... Silva ganas!

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
I'll be downloading it once it finishes. All in for Sonnen... for some reason I have always disliked Silva immensly... I hope Sonnen actually makes him bleed this time... :p

... and brings the belt back home.

gringobachata7

Sep 19, 2009
Silva is going to eat Sonnen for lunch. I will see it on satellite payper view at the home of my friend in east santo domingo.

Silva had injured ribs the last time. The doctors said do not fight for months. Silva already beat the guy with broken ribs in his hometown in Brazil! Imagine what he will do to him when he is healthy. I do not like Sonnen and I cant wait.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
I have met Sonnen as he fought on a show I promoted in 2006, he is definitely a colorful character which adds to the hipe, and in a sense the sport. He is a great promoter, and as they say "styles make fights" he could be Silvas acquilles heal, but I think Silva will be better prepared and should take win.

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011
who do you think will win ???
I was at Mandalay Bay and MGM Grand today. There is a lot of excitement building around this fight. There is a 2-day UFC expo and the weigh-in is open to the public so I plan to attend these events and get a better feel for the fighters b4 I make my final decision, but I'm leaning towards the Brazilian right now.

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Sonnen definately hyped the fight up I get tired of the same guys winning like to see other guys win tif Sonnen wins its will lead to a trilogy fight cant wait for Saturday !

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Found the fight on channel 76 for Delanciar cable users its in Spanish but its free Fox Sports on the North coast by the way .

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Yea I thought that it was stopped prematurely Well done Silva but the fight was disapointing was looking forward to a battle oh well Sonnen must feel like crap after all that talking !

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Yea I thought that it was stopped prematurely Well done Silva but the fight was disapointing was looking forward to a battle oh well Sonnen must feel like crap after all that talking !

I agree, and glad Silva won, but Sonnen did take to him bad in round one and if it was old school rules with 10 minutes rounds, he may have done Silva in. So round round argueably 10-8 Sonnen. Then round two Silva attach, but was being very cocky with hands down, very dangerous against Sonnen, then again, an early stoppage.Sadly doesnt quite leave the same statement I would have hoped for in Silva as it clearly shows he is beatable against a strong agressive wrestler with punching power