Hello everyone

dneschlandt

Jun 16, 2012
My husband and I looking to purchase property for a vacation/winter home in the Cabrete Sosua area. We plan to visit at least 3 times a year until we retire and then we will probably be there for an extended period of time.
We own a small business in Georgia where our slow season is Nov - Jan and we tired of being bored and cold for those months. We feel that Dominician Republic is a good fit for us and are looking forward to spending more time there.

pularvik

Jan 2, 2011
Good plan,- but please do come and rent for a couple of visits to get a feel for the place and what your needs will be when you are actually spending time here. Once you buy you may find it difficult to sell if, for instance, you find an area or a property you like better. Properties are not getting snapped up---there will be no rush to buy. Happy you are thinking of the DR!

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi:

Just curious, why, Cabarate, Sosua? Have you stayed in that area before? I must admit I am slanted but check out the Las Terrenas area. Much nicer beaches, scenery and not as over developed.

LTS

Chicagoan

May 27, 2011
I have to laugh when you talk about the "cold" in Georgia. I guess it's all in what you are used to. However, I love the DR, and can understand why you do too.

dneschlandt

Jun 16, 2012
I have to laugh when you talk about the "cold" in Georgia. I guess it's all in what you are used to. However, I love the DR, and can understand why you do too.

You have to understand that even though we have a short winter, there are some days when it doesn't get above freezing. We live in the North GA mountains so we are colder than Atlanta. But yeah, nothing close to Chicago for sure!! LOL

dneschlandt

Jun 16, 2012
Hi:

Just curious, why, Cabarate, Sosua? Have you stayed in that area before? I must admit I am slanted but check out the Las Terrenas area. Much nicer beaches, scenery and not as over developed.

LTS

Actually, I like the "overdeveloped" part of it. I currently live in a very rural isolated area, so Sosua and Cabrete are a nice change. In addition, being able to get to the airport in 30 mins is a plus. I plan on checking out Las Terrenas in the future as I have heard wonderful things about it.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
The Sosua-Cabarete area is a great choice. Its not over-developed, just civilized, and lots to do. Proximity to Santiago can be a plus for the shopping. Nearly everything that is available in the DR can be bought in Santiago.