Electricity surging up and down

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Last few days the electricity has been surging up and down at my house. I have had this problem before and its to do with the transformer but talking to my buddy today he said hes having the same problem in Sosua for the last few days anybody else experiencing this problem in between Sosua and Sabaneta ?

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
LOL @ Castellmonte its not just my house its everyone in my area but what surprised me that it was happening in sosua and we along with all my neighbours have reprted it and ednorte has not showed up (usually thery come right away and fix the probvlem as its the sam,e thing everytime) Whick hasd me thinking its thier genorators in the area not producing enough power?

May 29, 2006
There's your problem:

318770_4139525203947_1606156324_n.jpg

I think this was taken in the Sosua Bella Vista district.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Happens all the time.

It's pure hell trying to microwave something...

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
LOL My transformer actually looks cleaner than that ! Man this country got along way to go to clean up this electricty situation Oh well when i build a house here i will just try and be off the grid completly !

May 29, 2006
Going off the grid is getting easier, now that you can get warm color LED lights and that flat screens use a fraction of the power of the old TVs. It's running a fridge, AC and pool pump that seem to be the big power users and I doubt if half the population even have full-sized fridges(and not the monster US sized ones) yet. A lot of the current "off the shelf" tech for going off grid is based on the RV market in the US.

My brother lives in DC and he just had his power go out for about five days. It goes out there all the time in the summer and I'm trying to get him to get a natural gas back up generator. It's not just the DR that has problems.

Meanwhile, in Germany:

Want to keep AC on? Bury power lines - CNN