sosua hotels ..... need help asap have questions ...

realdeal3883

Jul 9, 2012
hey i am traveling to sosua in august i have some questions need some help ... how is the new garden ? heard good and bad .... are the safes in the room safe to leave items or money ? how much is minutes on the phone any tips for me
?

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
The chairs in the NG restuarant are the most uncomfortable chairs on the island. I think they want you to eat and leave.

Hope that helps...

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
The breakfasts are excellent. 170 pesos with all the coffee you want and they have marmalade if you ask for it. Also have Splenda if you ask for it. I think the breakfast is included with the room. Ask to make sure. Its chica friendly and well located in town. I would not leave any significant amount of money in any hotel safe unless its at the front desk and you have a receipt. Use a debit card inside the local banks. They charge you a bit to get money but its quick and easy and lets you avoid carrying cash. The restaurant chairs are those Chinese plastic ones. I have stayed there and liked it just fine.

May 29, 2006
If you want to be downtown near the big discos, then that it the place to go. But there are many other options in town. Not a bad place for your first visit, but you can find better for less if you look around.

Learn how to use the motoconchos and find out what else there is in town.

davetuna

Bronze
Jun 19, 2012
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
New garden hotel......it is chica friendly and they have lots of regular guests who like to talk about what they did with the girls last night, whilst you are having your breakfast. (yes breakfast is included in the room price, but if you have a 'guest then its about 150 pesos or something extra)A bit 'in your face' really if you pardon the expression. but nice little place easy access for everywhere in sosua. Can be a bit 'noisy' there. Room safes are ok they told me they never had any problems with theft, however the room safes are easy to get into, just look on youtube for 'how to break into safes'

just around the corner is a phone shop you can get a phone with credit for about $25 for local calls. calls cost about 15c per minute . wifi in all rooms and cable TV is ok. I have stayed there quite a few times.

where are flying into? they will be happy to arrange a taxi pickup at the airport for you, just let them know the flight details.I think if you stay a week the airport transfers are free. better just check that one.

seabreeze hotel around the corner is also a nice little place, a bit cheaper and quieter but nicer rooms. no breakfast there but you can always come around the corner for breakfast.

HOTEL SEA BREEZE SOSUA | ACCOMODATION HOTELS | Hotel Sos?a | BUDGET RESORTS SOSUA -

hope this helps

dave

May 29, 2006
You might want to check out Perla De Sosua, which is only about two blocks from the center of town, but much quieter and more like an apartment than a hotel room. Many Ex-pats like El Colibri. It's not near the center-but close to some other attractions. In August, you should be able to haggle your room rate down quite a bit, so I wouldn't commit to any one hotel at their posted rate. You can also get a discount at many places by paying in cash.

Perla De Sosua

http://www.elcolibri.net/

juant

May 9, 2012
hey i am traveling to sosua in august i have some questions need some help ... how is the new garden ? heard good and bad .... are the safes in the room safe to leave items or money ? how much is minutes on the phone any tips for me

?
My friends have stayed there and I checked out their rooms. The price is decent, i believe the cheapest rooms are $55US a day but the rooms are small and the tvs are old(no flat screen). You might want to check out Casa Valeria which is next door to it for $55US a day and is more confortable and has flat screen tvs. New Garden has the best and cheapest breakfast in the whole Sosua. New Garden lets the chicas hang out in the restaurant area of the hotel and in Casa Valeria they don't and it is more private. In Sea Breeze, the beds are hard and the rooms are small. the only plus is that the rooms are cheap(i believe they are $40US a day). Forget about Terra Linda Hotel which is way overpriced at $70US a day.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
There are nicer places to stay than NG, I personally have no interest in Street Rats soliciting me poolside or listening to the weekend warriors brag about last nights conquests over breakfast, not my bag. Terra Linda is well worth the extra few bucks for peace and quiet, inspect the rooms, not all are up to par. I agree, Casa Valeria is also another option, not luxury but clean and convenient.

May 29, 2006
Reminds me of the Yogi Berra saying, "Nobody goes there anymore-- it's too crowded."

I wonder what percentage of guys at NG don't even make it to the beach.

bigwhiskey

Aug 29, 2010
Reminds me of the Yogi Berra saying, "Nobody goes there anymore-- it's too crowded."

I would say 90% I have meet guy's who total experiance of DR is airport,sosua strip and airport.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005

All the guys i see leaving NG during the day have towels rapped around their necks. You mean they are not going to the beach???

To the OP, for a 1st timer the NG Hortel is a good place to break in.

curlando

Bronze
Jul 23, 2003
Casa Valeria is quiet, clean and close to all the action, New Gardens is good for breakfast. Sea Breeze is a budget hotel but close to the action and beach, and Terra Linda is pricey, quiet, clean, and rooms are a bit more spacious than most hotels and close to the action.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I kinda enjoy seeing the girls up early on the morning after and listening to their "boy friends" talk to each other about the nights "conquests". The guys only speaking English with a heavy New York accent and the the girlfriends chatting with each other in Spanish and neither has a clue what the others are talking about. And the breakfasts are really good, did I mention that? Ask the waitress for extra fruit or extra bacon or whatever and they are happy to please. For 170 pesos its a two toothpick breakfast with the entertainment thrown in for free.