New La Sirena Multi Centro Santiago (*Walmart)

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
ANOTHER MULTI CENTRO LA SIRENA FOR SANTIAGO! *WALMART SEEMS TO BE EXPANDING FAST IN THE DR (AN OPEN SECRET ALREADY IN THE FINANCIAL CIRCUITS).

524109_496214223728881_117306823_n.jpg

48132_455189467841059_1780017439_n.jpg

This one was just confirmed after the one in MOCA:

UntitledZZZZZZZ.png

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
ANOTHER MULTI CENTRO LA SIRENA FOR SANTIAGO! *WALMART SEEMS TO BE EXPANDING FAST IN THE DR (AN OPEN SECRET ALREADY IN THE FINANCIAL CIRCUITS).

Exactly where in Santiago is this ??

From the map I am having trouble figuring where in Santiago it is to be located.
I believe the last map (Photo) is "MOCA", but the wording with it is confusing.

Or are you referring to the province and not the city of Santiago?

Last edited:

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
Exactly where in Santiago is this ??

From the map I am having trouble figuring where in Santiago it is to be located.
I believe the last map (Photo) is "MOCA", but the wording with it is confusing.

Or are you referring to the province and not the city of Santiago?

Ave Estrella across the Ochoa shop...

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
Why has nobody mentioned that that particular ochoa is closing its doors. Do we only talk about theoretical supermarkets here?

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
Why has nobody mentioned that that particular ochoa is closing its doors. Do we only talk about theoretical supermarkets here?

Ochoa sold the property to the new store, in order to invest into their new Bellon-like mega store! Soon all you'll see for hardware stores will be the Bellon (home depot) type of stores for these folks.

The "Casco Historico", pretty much the old city centre of Santiago, will be turned into cafes, bistros, art galleries, bars, etc...
A lot of streets will be turned into pedestrian only sites...

The plans are included with the Santiago Metro and light rail services to be put into service in the city.

A new Plaza de La Salud (like the one in SD) will be erected in Santiago with public and private funds. The Cabral y Baez will be shut down and demolished thereafter. The grounds will be turned into green areas and the surrounds into the above described pattern of services.

The old air base at Bartolome Colon, will be also addressed to become the Central Park of Santiago.

The first steps is to control biz in the areas, by licenses only. Then by restricting the type of development/biz that can be carried out by sectors.

The maps are ready and the work will be a 20 year roll out. Many biz will be given enough time to move on a voluntary basis before enforcement begins for the new codes.

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
I went to 8 ochoa last night and it was gone . The watchmen said it well be la serana soon . I wanted the 8 ocho . O well

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
New La Sirena locations to be announced in the coming months!

Aggressive expansion is being done by Grupo Ramos in the DR... Word at the exec levels is that the initial expansion program was increased twofold and the time to carry out the projects was cut in half! That's a lot of money being invested in short notice!

CCN has also stepped up the program and it's expected to follow on the footsteps of La Sirena, with new hypermarkets under the JUMBO brand on the table.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
are they totally closed or selling out their stock? i'm fishing for offers on furniture....

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
Some figures to chew on:

Grupo Ramos operates dozens of La Sirena (Walmart) multicenters, supermarkets and discount stores in the DR. They receive over 40 million visits per year and growing as new stores are being added. They have a capital investment of over RD$ 10 billion with a growing payroll of direct employees above 9,000 people.

This biz group is at the forefront of a pact made by private investors from all areas to increase the number of new jobs to 300,000 during the next five years in the country. This pact was carried out during a meeting where president elect Danilo Medina proposed the plan that he will carry for his administration and to support the local investors.

Moving away from just textiles as the traditional FTZ export oriented market and job offer in the country, the investors also committed to create the optimum needed essentials to set light industry and technologies for the FTZ sector. This will allow the introduction of close to 200,00 new jobs in the local market, with quality wages above that of maquiladoras.

This is coupled to the planned expansion of the tourism sector by Media with a 10 year 10 million visitors goal. The plan aims to target a net growth of one million visitors each year for the next decade.

5cc472654590880477e918218250e7b7_620x412.jpg