ongoing on The Senator was wrong thread

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/lo...ds-firm-on-ex-presidents-links-to-drug-cartel
Dominican Senator stands firm on ex president's "links" to drug cartel
Print Email Bookmark Save to my profile 20 Comments - last on Jul 15 at 9:40 PM

Zoom Picture
Santo Domingo.- Ruling party senator Wilton Guerrero on Friday reiterated his assertion that ex president Hipolito Mejia has supporters ?linked? to drug cartels, and announced he prepares a defense on the slander charges the ex chief executive filed Thursday.

?I challenge Mejia, as a responsible senator, to explain to the country about the mysterious trip because of its interest to Dominican Republic, and the infiltration of people linked to drugs including Ezequiel Rodriguez Cruz, and the hired killer Julio C?spedes Mart?nez of the Sinaloa cartel in Santiago, who headed support groups for his candidacy,? the lawmaker said in reference to the suspect -also known as El Indio- in the execution of four South Americans, killed by agents in La Vega.

?And above all, we should remember that this ruthless assassin headed a support group for Hipolito Mej?a?s candidacy in the city of Santiago, the so called the Movimiento Comunitario de Apoyo a Pap?,? he said.

Guerrero said when he first questioned Mejia?s trip to Sinaloa, the then candidate ?kept totally silent before those facts,?

He said even though he has yet to be subpoenaed, he?s preparing his defense with witnesses including the DEA agents involved in the case, Drugs Control Agency director Rolando Rosado, and Presidency Antinarcotics adviser Marino Vinicio Castillo,? who publicly confirmed the information.?

?Mejia now wants to pass off as a serious man with honor but he isn?t serious and if he has honor it's in his foot,? he said, adding that including the newspaper El Caribe in the lawsuit ?is a petty move on Mejia?s part.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
It is unfortunate that Guerrero is losing credibility as he keeps accusing people without showing any proofs. It really wouldn't surprise me if The Hippo and cohorts did have connections with the Mexican cartels, but you can't just say something like that without any tangible proof. Now Hippo is going to make him look like a buffoon and if he keeps it up he's going to end up like Vincho whom nobody listens to anymore, because he just accuses people left and right without ever presenting any proof.

I like Wilton and think he's a very brave guy and I'm sure everything he says he has some basis for saying it, but he's not doing himself any favors by jumping the gun like this. DEA and DNCD agents aren't going to be witnesses...come on.