Short Term Car Lease

T

Tom

I plan on being in the DR for three months in June throough August 1999, sort of a trial run to see if I really want to live there as a resident and not a tourist.

I seem to be getting most of the items I require (Housing, telephone etc) but I am still lost to one item: an automobile.

If anyone knows of a viable option where I might rent or leas a used car or pick up for three months, any info would be appreciated. Obviously, I'm noy interested in paying the rates a regular rental agency would want for that length of time. The best offer I have received is from National, $750.00USD per month for a new Sentra, but that is too much ($2,250.00 for three months).

Dolores suggested buying a used vehicle and re-selling, but I fear that would have too many attachments unless there was a "guaranteed buy-back". Renting or leasing would also alleviate the registration, insurance hassle

Any ideas or proposals are welcome, I'm not too fussy. The vehicle does have to be big enough to stick my 6'5" frame into.

Tom

G

Grahame Bush

Hi Tom, Have you tried Malibu Car Rental? He leases cars out to some of the tour company reps at economical rates I gather. If you want me to enquire prices for you, let me know. Serge Pamphille is a long time friend & will do the best he can to help (as long as he makes a FEW pesos!). Any other update news for me? - Grahame.