Garment Factory in POP?

SocialZealot

Jan 11, 2012
www.socialzealot.com
Weird question, I know. I need to fill my punching bag with some old clothes or garment scraps. 100lbs worth. I had a friend who worked at a garment factory in POP, but I never got the name of it and he moved. Just wanted to call down there to see if I can buy some of their scraps. I am afraid clothes from a second hand store may be too expensive and I am thinking there probably isn't anything like a Goodwill store here?? If there is, that will work, too.

Thanks.

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
There were a few garment factories in Zona Franca. I haven't been there for about a year, but there was usually lots of containers with cutting scraps. Zona Franca is located across highway from Costambar.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
For the most part punching bags are about 75lbs. 40 to 50 of that can be sand in bags placed at the bottom. Maybe a few bales of hay and alot of duct tape will take care of the rest.

SocialZealot

Jan 11, 2012
www.socialzealot.com
For the most part punching bags are about 75lbs. 40 to 50 of that can be sand in bags placed at the bottom. Maybe a few bales of hay and alot of duct tape will take care of the rest.
I think the one I got says don't fill with sand. I have no idea what I was thinking. Just got the least expensive muy thai bag I found :/

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
I think the one I got says don't fill with sand. I have no idea what I was thinking. Just got the least expensive muy thai bag I found :/

Then i doubt it will hold 100lbs. You need a heavy counter weight at the bottom. And it sounds like you will spend more in duct tape than buying a new one. Good luck and let us know what you did and if it worked.