Price of land and advice on buying

brum

May 14, 2012
Hi all

I would appreciate some advice. I have been living here for a while now and working in Santo Domingo. I am thinking of buying a bit of land in the north coast (Nagua, Las Terrenas area).

Can anybody give me any advice on how much a small piece of land (big enough for say a small 1 bedroom villa and 3 separate small apartments) would cost that i could build in this area, and what are the things i should be looking out for as regards paperwork, legal ownership, etc.

Thanks for any help you people can give me
Regards
Brum

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
Price of land varies so much in the corridor you are considering (Nagua to Las Terrenas is about 45 Km) I would recommend narrowing your field to get better replies. Do you have more focused location in mind?

Also consider if you want oceanfront vs beachfront vs oceanview. That will impact price a lot as well.

brum

May 14, 2012
Thanks Castellamonte

I was thinking more rural countryside type of land rather than oceanfront, as i imagine that being near the sea would be much more expensive. I would prefer Las Terrenas, but i would like to know the price different between Nagua and Las Terrenas.

Regards
Rob

tao112

Jul 6, 2011
forget rural its all about location location location....

in the future you might have to sell...in rural areas you will be stuck with your house or apartments...go as close as you can to las terrenas

Tonydomrep

Feb 22, 2009
Nobody can tell you a price from what is land costing without the location. Playa Bonita beachfront is doing 480 usd per m2 (with a 2700m2 lot) and in Come Pan you pay around 60.000 usd for a small 600m2 building lot.

Last april 2012 DPP-Turism announced the new zone-regulation with all building densities. So you also have to check if you can built on a property. The new zone runs from El Catey to Playa el Valle.

Advice: buy but keep in mind that if you want to sell you can sell... so buying something in the middle of nowhere... will be difficult to sell.

Be sure that documentation is correct. Take a decent laywer office and not somebody from the "street".

Hi all

I would appreciate some advice. I have been living here for a while now and working in Santo Domingo. I am thinking of buying a bit of land in the north coast (Nagua, Las Terrenas area).

Can anybody give me any advice on how much a small piece of land (big enough for say a small 1 bedroom villa and 3 separate small apartments) would cost that i could build in this area, and what are the things i should be looking out for as regards paperwork, legal ownership, etc.

Regards
Brum

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
Assuming you are not wanting to "flip it" or sell it, living in the surrounding hills is simply wonderful. I live in the hills outside of Cabrera when I could easily live right on the beach. I prefer the hills because of the views, the neighbors and the temperature is cooler.

Okay, that said, Nagua to Las Terrenas is too large a span to ask for typical pricing. You definitely need to nail it down a little better.

brum

May 14, 2012
Thanks everyone

I would prefer Las Terrenas to narrow it down a bit. Could someone give a rough idea of what 500m2 on the outskirts of Las Terrenas could cost?

Castellamonte, do you feel safe living in the hills? What have you done about security?

Regards
Brum

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Thanks everyone

I would prefer Las Terrenas to narrow it down a bit. Could someone give a rough idea of what 500m2 on the outskirts of Las Terrenas could cost?

Castellamonte, do you feel safe living in the hills? What have you done about security?

Regards
Brum

read the ads in lt 7. com

each piece of land is different

security in the hills around lt is an issue... you need a wall and a dog

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Dainty Plot

Could someone give a rough idea of what 500m2 on the outskirts of Las Terrenas could cost?

Now that's a pooty little lot.
You won't be happy with that.
I can sell you one of our hills with 15,000 sqm.... :)

donP

yapask1

Jul 23, 2012
Price near beach up to $100 sq metre and more, outskirts possibly $30 a metre, good plot in town $70. 500 sq. metre gives room for a plunge pool or jackuzzi, nice garden and eating area.
yapask1

Thanks everyone

Regards
Brum

JuanDolioLiving

Sep 7, 2010
Have you consider living in Juan Dolio as you can find land from 60 to 120USD per Sq. Meters within 10 to 15 minutes walk to the beach.

brum

May 14, 2012
I have never been to Juan Dolio. I will have a look as the price seems reasonable.

Living Proof

Sep 18, 2012
All I can say is if you do want to buy in Las Terrenas, be very careful if you deal with DRPARADISE Realty and get a lawyer!

mbgmike

Jan 17, 2012
I bought an acre in Camu for 500 usd per square meter. that is with the road and land cleared. pretty piece of land. Zero percent interest.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
I bought an acre in Camu for 500 usd per square meter. that is with the road and land cleared. pretty piece of land. Zero percent interest.

What????? $500 per sq meter???? 1 acre is 4000 sq meters so you paid $2,000,000.USD.....wow thats quite a lot for a chunk of land. I'd give you 0% interest too.....

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
On DR1 Reality, I am selling our beach house for around 180 a m2, with a house and 1000 meter lot AND clear title and it is on the beach...a 50 year old house, no problems with hurricanes, ever! Unlike most other places on the East or South...JEJEJE.

HB

Apr 10, 2012
Las Terrenas
Hi all

Regards
Brum

Having purchased a home in LT, there is only 1 real estate agent we can recommend for the Las Terrenas to the Playa El Valle area of the Dominican Republic: Ton "Tony" Van Der Heijden (Immomexx)

We met and dealt with several so called "REALTORS" (none are actual REALTORS since they are not member's of the N.A.R.).

Tony was the only "agent" who was honest, forthright, hardworking, and truly knowledgeable of the area.

At the end, his professional services erased a lot of the ghastly memories we had of other real estate agents who work that region of the DR.