Chili's in Los Jardines (Santiago) closed?

Bigocean

Nov 25, 2010
Just talking to a few people this afternoon and it came up in the conversation that the Chili's chain restaurant in Los Jardines has stopped operations and closed down. I think that they have been there about two years. I haven't confirmed this myself but next time I drive by I will take a look.

I hope Dv8 wasn't planning to eat there on her Santiago trip :surprised

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
It's been closed for over a month now - the "Chilli's" sign is still up but can't say whether it's a permanent closure or "a renovation". I definitely will not miss them.

Bigocean

Nov 25, 2010
It's been closed for over a month now - the "Chilli's" sign is still up but can't say whether it's a permanent closure or "a renovation". I definitely will not miss them.

I drove by it today and as you say it is definitely closed. I was told it was closed for good, but who knows, maybe just gossip. I never ate there as I don't really like the chain restaurant experience in general. We ate at a Chili's in Ft Pierce Florida a few years ago as we were in route to Disney World with the kids and I still remember the mediocrity of the food. Oh well.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Thanks. I looked, but I did not see signs of activity. I only live a couple of blocks away but I never go there..In fact, I can't remember the last time I was in one of those franchise places...probably 9 years ago a McDs because my grandson insisted on going there. I swore nevermore! Like the raven. Never been to TGIFriday, BergerKing, KFC, Hagan Daz. I have been to Baskin and Robbins....a long time ago...now Bon is fine with me...

HB

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
I drove by it today and as you say it is definitely closed. I was told it was closed for good, but who knows, maybe just gossip. I never ate there as I don't really like the chain restaurant experience in general. We ate at a Chili's in Ft Pierce Florida a few years ago as we were in route to Disney World with the kids and I still remember the mediocrity of the food. Oh well.

I went there (Chilli's in Los Jardines) once and was underwhelmed both on food and service. The only decent chain restaurant in Santiago that I know of is Tony Roma's in Bella Terra mall: good food and the service approaches the US level.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Chili's Santiago is not closed for good, it is being relocated.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
been their once and didn't care for it...now lets pray that the rumors are true, that HOOTERS is going bye, bye

I just don't get it? WhyTF would hooters bother you so much? Are the 7,247 restaurants in DR that serve plato del dia and chicharones not enough? You are that damn adamant for one more?

News flash, when you go to Hooters, Chilis, Tony Romas, Fridays, Johnny Rockets etc. . .90% of the customers are DOMINICAN because to them Hooters is different. My fiance has told me 100 times that next time we are in santiago she wants to eat at Hooters, she took her mom to both Fridays and Chilis in STI as well. They both loved it.

We are in Negril right now and after 5 days of jerk chicken that is OK but over priced, we would both kill for a frigging Chilis or Hooters. In fact last week in Panama the GF insisted we head to both HRC and Hooters . . . .and she LOVED Popeyes. . . . .. .

For the record our fave place in STI is still Puerto Madero, but buffalo wings or fajitas just hit the spot once in a while.

Outside of Hooters, Fridays, Chilis, Outback, HRC I have not had a good burger or wings in DR. Even Johnny rockets which I have never eaten at in US, has better burgers than 99.8% of any dominican joints as the meat is not dominican crap. . .

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
And another thing. . . .lol. . ..outside of Miami, washington heights, lawrence mass, and a few other select towns in the US why are there no dominican restaurants? Why is there not some world famous chain of dominican restaurants? Because 90% of the world would never choose dominican over italian, french, mexican, chinese, thai, japanese, argentinan, brasilian, peruvian, german, spanish, or yes. . .even "crappy" american chains like Chilis. . .. .

In the US I have eaten in Chilis. . .maybe once. . .not even sure that many times. . .but in DR, Mexico etc. . .. . give me some friggin wings or a burger. . . .

OK, I will stop the rant now, but after paying high prices for mostly crappy "authentic" jamaican food all week, I want some damn wings. . . . ..not jerk chicken wings. . .. . buffalo wings. . .even Hooters or Chilis would do. . . . . .

Between Panama and jamaica I have not seen let alone eaten a decent steak. . .. .so when I hit Miami saturday. ..Fogo de friggin Chao. . . .. and next week I am in texas where they serve real food and no need to eat at chilis or hooters. . . . ..

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
I just don't get it? WhyTF would hooters bother you so much? Are the 7,247 restaurants in DR that serve plato del dia and chicharones not enough? You are that damn adamant for one more?

Probably because the food they serve at Hooters STI is just horrible, - I mean seriously, it's worse than at Macdonalds. The place is dead now and has to be losing money real fast, even with the skeleton waiter staff they have left. Whoever is running that place, should really get a new career.