Ever wonder how theives can steal and no one sees anything?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Despite popular opinion, sometimes people really don't see anything.

Here is the latest theft.

Place: Santo Domingo (in a dealer in Piantini).

Object stolen: An Ipad.

Hint: Keep an eye on the guy that walks into the room on the left.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jG7B6ZDsRMQ?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

If anyone knows the thief, contact the owners of the Ipad at one of the following numbers/email (compensation and anonymity is offered):

829-345-1837

829-345-1827

829-345-1828

omarcruzb@gmail.com

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
was the guy with the glasses in on it? he engages and distracts the only person who is directly facing the thief.

turksman

Mar 14, 2005
Being obsessive compulsive has many aspects that are very draining sometimes like being over analytical or suffering from anxiety but things like this are where it works to my advantage because I am over observant of everything around me to the point where I annoy myself and I would have alerted others about that man's strange nervous actions for sure!

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I hope someone can identify him.

That was Monday the 23rd, the same day my neighbor was robbed of his guitar from his house.
He did not know it was gone until Wednesday when he went to play it.

Asked me to check my security recordings for the previous 2 days.
Happy to report 4 of my security cameras recorded the thief and the neighbor knew who he was.
(A friend, relative of another neighbor - TRUST NO ONE HERE).

Except knowing it had to be Monday or Tuesday the neighbor had no idea of the day/time it was stolen.

This thief was even more casual, parked his bike near my house and casually walked to and from the neighbor's house as if nothing was going on.

The thief may still be in the hospital !!!!!!

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
Who leaves 600+ dollars worth of electronics just laying around????????????

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
We had our clothes stolen. My wife's favorite dress was gone from a line along with few underwear and my wife said that few of the hangers for my T-shirts are empty as well. We suspect it was the cleaning lady that clean other houses. :( Now my wife is paranoid about drying clothes on line. She has been drying all our clothes in house all over the place. I guess this is the kind of things I should get used to as well?

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Who leaves 600+ dollars worth of electronics just laying around????????????

Is that 'just laying around'? Your Tablet on your desk? As in just leaving your car lying around the car park, or your dinner lying around the dinner table?

Absolutely an opportunist moment, and no one knows what he originally was there for? Surely they do.

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Wow you can see how nervous the guy is before he takes it I say break all his finger in both hands bet he wont steal anymore !

Jan 3, 2003
Wow you can see how nervous the guy is before he takes it I say break all his finger in both hands bet he wont steal anymore !

There is no need for such a violent response. The thief is obviously a non-violent offender. He is clearly a middle aged quite helpless thin man who could never put up a fight with just about anyone. He should return the item, serve some jail time for the incident and be forced to do community service. I'd side with you if the thief was a thug who is of the violent offender type but not this guy.

He is obviously quite poor because his clothing is pretty ragged and old of a style no one uses anymore. His shoes are of the poor man's dress type sold in Duarte con Paris that are used, pointed and quite uncomfortable. He may be in a serious economic bind, might be going hungry alongside his family and in an act of desperation engaged in an activity he would probably never think twice about doing before. So, the punishment I stated is more than adequate and some may consider it too excessive.

Last edited:

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
What have you seen some of the youtube videos of what people have been doing to thieves that get caught here in the DR? So its alright to steal because he is hungry he doesent look that old probabally sold the IPad real cheap then ****ed the money away on rum and a cheap hooker for the night.Had caught him doing that bet you he would think twice before he tries to steal again you want me to feel sorry for this guy NO WAY if he was hungry and stealing a loaf of bread I could feel bad for him.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
If someone stole my iPad I would cut his hand off, especially in DR as it is often acceptable punishment in camporrios and the police need not get involved. If you need something to eat, offer to cut my grass or paint my walls, i will gladly pay ypu well for the job. Rob from me and and you'll never get the chance to do manual work again.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
I heard they will have to pull all Apple products off the shelf. The upcomng lawsuit will prove that Apple has illegally used a rectangular screen on all its products, and that patent belongs to Philo Taylor Farnsworth.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
3 Ladies

Despite popular opinion, sometimes people really don't see anything.

Especially if one leaves the room.... :cheeky:

[video=youtube;Lb3GXaPalN4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb3GXaPalN4&feature=player_embedded[/video]

donP

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
Is that 'just laying around'? Your Tablet on your desk? As in just leaving your car lying around the car park, or your dinner lying around the dinner table?

Absolutely an opportunist moment, and no one knows what he originally was there for? Surely they do.

Yea that's just laying around... you cant expect people to resist the temptation of a stack of twenty 1000 peso notes with a shiny 10" screen. lol

No way I would leave that temptation laying on top of my desk when there are drawers inches away.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
No way I would leave that temptation laying on top of my desk when there are drawers inches away.

I'll admit the office is a bit of a let down, it's a dealer? Of what? If anyone came into our offices I'd need to know who they were before allowing them to use the toilet, no?