Please help abandoned Santiago children

sbsuib

Apr 13, 2006
I visited the Emiliano Tradif orphanage in la casa de joselito.com a few weeks ago with a volunteer group from the US. I have been bringing groups since 2005. While volunteering, hte orphanage was served with papers and forced to leave the only home many of these children have ever known. These kids have tragic stories and this orphanage is doing such a great job caring for them. They could not find appropriate housing on short notice and moved into an abandoned English language school.(in Villa Olga Santiago) The school had no kitchen or shower and was extremely dilapidated. I am helping raise funds to renovate and provide appropriate food and shelter for these children.
Please help
Donations can be made at this link
Please help abandoned and orphaned children in the Dominican Republic -- Indiegogo
Tax receipts will be provided. The Brady Faith Center in Syracuse N.Y is handling all money and you can contact them for more information or me.
Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide. I have pictures of the new orphanage and prgress that has been made.
Stevi
All money will go directly to the orphanage!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Note: with the donation from this group, the women were able to create a kitchen and a shower and get water and electricity going. The kids are tightly bunched (16 in a makeshift bed room for example.) They do have persons that care for them but they need a LOT more. Stevie's group is 100% straight shooters. I hope she publishes one story a day, on these kids, society's discards...

HB

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Can't wait to get to Santiago. I can help with time of myself but can't do anything financially at this time with my move and all.

SHALENA

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Thanks!!! When do you leave?

I will be in Santiago the 2nd week in August. I'll PM you or HB once I'm semi-settled. I'm trying to think what I can do since I'm not very artsy-craftsy, nor do I have a green thumb but I'm sure there's something I'll fit right in in doing.
Also, I would love to help out with the monthly B-day parties.

SHALENA

CaribbeanGent

May 28, 2012
Do they need any type of volunteer help at this place? I would be more than happy to help out, however I am in SD.

tayler

Aug 2, 2012
Why was the original orphanage building served with papers and the children forced to leave!?

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Afternoon, The building was returned to the convicted felon from whom it had been confiscated because of the Governments failure to follow the proper legal procedure.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Good Afternoon, The building was returned to the convicted felon from whom it had been confiscated because of the Governments failure to follow the proper legal procedure.

I wish there was a way to dislike a post, without disliking the poster!! Shaking my head here....