Longer Term Livng/LaMulata/Coral Village

caribeman

Dec 26, 2011
Enjoy meeting new people/cultures
Hello All,

Looking for any/all opinions about Coral Village at La Mulata for a long term villa rental? It would be for myself and my Father - early 70s..He is active, likes to walk - even if it is just down the road a bit. Safety? Not naive about issues. This would be the first time living in a gated community. Always lived in the countryside in DR before. Appreciate the input..

Thanks

senorblanco

Jun 11, 2006
Are you set on La Mulata? Sosua? I have some nice long term apartments in Cabarete. PM me if you re interested.
Thanks Peter

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
We looked at a Villa there ourselves, and I go there at least once a month to visit a friend. I personally find it a lovely area and with great yards and gardens. It seems to be a very well managed community. I suspect like any other areas, walking is something you use your due diligence with... it is not far off the road, which sees a far amount of traffic, on the way to school and lots of other people live in the area. Just my opinion, but if the Villa we looked at had been suitable for our needs, we would have moved there in an instant. Good Luck!!

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Wher exactly is this area could you describe how one gets there? I am familiar with SOSUA area for the most part

johnnj2000

Mar 27, 2004
from the airport heading towards sosua you will arrive into Sosua and there you will see your first traffic light there by the supermarket, go past that about an 1/8 mile and on your right you will see two streets that go up the hill, 2 mountain roads , one goes up to the LAS CANAS APARTMENTS that are nice and the road before goes up to some other apartments , I know ther in luperon and I think thats la mulata oh and up the hill from the las canas is a fantastic thai restaurant!!! well worth the visit for sure!!

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
from the airport heading towards sosua you will arrive into Sosua and there you will see your first traffic light there by the supermarket, go past that about an 1/8 mile and on your right you will see two streets that go up the hill, 2 mountain roads , one goes up to the LAS CANAS APARTMENTS that are nice and the road before goes up to some other apartments , I know ther in luperon and I think thats la mulata oh and up the hill from the las canas is a fantastic thai restaurant!!! well worth the visit for sure!!

Should be safe during the day, but at night, there's no streetlights up to Las Canas from the highway. I had a friend, who lived in Las Canas, and he told me that there has been criminal activity in that area at night. He had to stay in Sosua a few times, because concho drivers wouldn't drive him up to Las Canas late at night.

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
The area of Coral Village is the first turn off the main road, left at New Life Church. It is a gated, guarded community. Las Canas is further up and not sure why you wouldn't drive up at night, we have gone to the Thai Restaurant several times and have never felt it was a problem. Albeit not at 1 or 2 am, so maybe the time of night makes a difference. Each and every area here, in my opinion, is subject to some difficulties, at one time or another. If you don't flash your cash, or make yourself a target in some other way, most people don't have many issues. This is just my opinion, but Coral Village was certainly a place that I would consider living.