Bullfighting In Puerto Plata?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

[h=5]According to DomRep Magazin they plan to organize in Puerto Plata bullfighting as a tourist attraction. In the Dominican Republic bullfighting is not new as in El Seibo there has always been bullfighting. So they are already familiar with the phenomenon. The initiators in Puerto Plata don't want bloody bullfights but a more humane form. The toreador must try, after he has made the bull tired with the red cape, to climb on the back of the bull. If the matador is able to climb on his back he will be rewarded with a cash prize. A sport for real men. It should be a spectacle with many Spanish elements and beautiful colorful shows. If the tourists will be attracted to the fights is not yet certain. But the promoters have a lot of confidence.[/h][h=5]Especially the Dominican tourist find such a masculine sport very interesting and will certainly appreciate it. Whether the bullfight is going to be a tourist attraction in Sos?a is not yet known.[/h]

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
From today's Sosua News:

[h=5]According to DomRep Magazin they plan to organize in Puerto Plata bullfighting as a tourist attraction. In the Dominican Republic bullfighting is not new as in El Seibo there has always been bullfighting. So they are already familiar with the phenomenon. The initiators in Puerto Plata don't want bloody bullfights but a more humane form. The toreador must try, after he has made the bull tired with the red cape, to climb on the back of the bull. If the matador is able to climb on his back he will be rewarded with a cash prize. A sport for real men. It should be a spectacle with many Spanish elements and beautiful colorful shows. If the tourists will be attracted to the fights is not yet certain. But the promoters have a lot of confidence.[/h][h=5]Especially the Dominican tourist find such a masculine sport very interesting and will certainly appreciate it. Whether the bullfight is going to be a tourist attraction in Sos?a is not yet known.[/h]

Good to hear someone has decided to clean up this sport and not torture the animals...I would never entertain such a sport ,but this I could watch....Smart concept indeed.

Softail

Nov 15, 2011
Good to hear someone has decided to clean up this sport and not torture the animals...I would never entertain such a sport ,but this I could watch....Smart concept indeed.

If they institute a Seniors Extranjeros Class, and if CC consents to absent himself from such competition, I would be most interested in participating, as my arrival date, August 15, fast approaches.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002

I am all for it too, if the animals are not tortured

Auryn

Apr 22, 2012
Much better than stabbing the bull multiple times. Almost sounds like a mergence with rodeo.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Much better than stabbing the bull multiple times. Almost sounds like a mergence with rodeo.

Yes it does. I can see where it could be good entertainment. I'd certainly go; hopefully it will be offered.