Update on Residence Visa without leaving the country (Hillbilliy's contact)

PlantaFULL

Oct 21, 2004
We have been successful in obtaining my Residence Visa through the Cancilleria. I got my Visa issued on Monday July 30, and on July 31 applied for Residence at DGM, having the medical exam on the same day.

Note this was possible because I had all paperwork ready as well as proof that I have been living in the DR for a long time. I do not know if people who are missing documents such as apostilized birth certificate or police record will be able to do the same. Also note that at some point Cancilleria did want to see and keep overnight my original papers as well as Passport (All of which I got back).

One thing I can say about Hillbilliy's contact is that she is very professional and does indeed know everyone at DGM giving you some quick "VIP" access. I was never in any waiting lines and I believe she greeted at least two dozen DGM employees when we went there.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Let me start by saying HB's contact has been very professional, helpfull, and friendly.

We ran into a couple of snags, which we are solving now.

We needed the following apostilled papers, according to the Cancellaria...
- international birthcertificate
- proof of good conduct from the Belgian police.

Luckily enough we could request those papers online, and a friend of ours is going to have them apostilled for us at 15 euro per document.

She assures us that from the moment we have those papers, we can proceed very quickly.

BelgianK