Pelling a pineaple

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
A healthy breakfast.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HepbJ5VU3SM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I hope this video can help you out!

JJ

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
Wow! I never thought about doing that with the head on the pineapple. My first move has always been to lop it off. Silly me!

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
Wow! I never thought about doing that with the head on the pineapple. My first move has always been to lop it off. Silly me!

~My thoughts exactly...gives you a handle to hold while you cut....its not slipping all over the counter!!!...learn something new everyday:)

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
nice. i always wondered how you "pell" a pineapple.
Kyle,

JJ's native language is Spanish and I can guarantee his English is better than yours.
He has helped more people than you can imagine with his transportation both while in DR and remotely. Seriously give the guy a break. Don't be another dr1 spellchecking d'bag.

tambo'

Feb 7, 2007
bachata..I must admit, a logical way to peel a pineapple. i do not explain myself, then, why all the Dominicans when they buy pineapples in Iberia, leave behind the heads in the huge bins on the store floor when they buy one.

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
bachata..I must admit, a logical way to peel a pineapple. i do not explain myself, then, why all the Dominicans when they buy pineapples in Iberia, leave behind the heads in the huge bins on the store floor when they buy one.

The reason why some people cut the head is just to make it easier to carry in bags when traveling in public transportation, but this is a big mistake considering that the fruit won't last the same time...

JJ

Adam89

Sep 12, 2012
I'm amazed to see the peeling of the pineapple. I'm damn sure that most of the people are n0t familiar with
how to peel a pineapple.
Well, I never bought a whole pineapple. Rather I buy the tin packs and was curious that how the this fruit
is cut and packed. Thanks for sharing.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I'm amazed to see the peeling of the pineapple. I'm damn sure that most of the people are n0t familiar with
how to peel a pineapple.
Well, I never bought a whole pineapple. Rather I buy the tin packs and was curious that how the this fruit
is cut and packed. Thanks for sharing.

That doesn't surprise me since a lot of people think pineapples grow on trees. My American in-laws were amazed when they went to The DR and I showed them a pineapple farm and they realized it just grows on the ground, one fruit at a time.

Bachata: Next you should show them how to open a can "Dominican Style" without a can opener...That will really get their heads spinning. LOL

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Bachata: Next you should show them how to open a can "Dominican Style" without a can opener...That will really get their heads spinning. LOL

I know they do it with the knife but, I know an ex-Marine who uses a spoon.

Dec 26, 2011
Thanks for this, JJ. Cool tip.

Pineapples are amazing. The bromelain they contain has anti-parasitic and anti-inflammatory properties and it may help fight some cancers. Anecdotally, eating them even makes you taste better.

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
That doesn't surprise me since a lot of people think pineapples grow on trees. My American in-laws were amazed when they went to The DR and I showed them a pineapple farm and they realized it just grows on the ground, one fruit at a time.

I couldn't get a can opened this way.. I know the guys who woks
in grocery stores "Colmados" are experts opening cans using
a knife i saw this every day of my life in DR.

JJ

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
I couldn't get a can opened this way.. I know the guys who woks
in grocery stores "Colmados" are experts opening cans using
a knife i saw this every day of my life in DR.

JJ

JJ..funny story...friends of our broke our can opener while in the DR, we could not locate a new can opener, and while in a local colmado, mi esposo inquired about the can opener and the owner reached under the counter and pulled out a Mechetta and showed us how to open the can.....it worked being no one in our area had a can opener for sale....my knuckles where a bit tathered....however...we did not go hungry!!!! Hope things are going better with your job as well!!!!

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
JJ..funny story...friends of our broke our can opener while in the DR, we could not locate a new can opener, and while in a local colmado, mi esposo inquired about the can opener and the owner reached under the counter and pulled out a Mechetta and showed us how to open the can.....it worked being no one in our area had a can opener for sale....my knuckles where a bit tathered....however...we did not go hungry!!!! Hope things are going better with your job as well!!!!

Yes thins are going much better in my jab, working too much now as I'm driving a cab in the side during the weekends.

I had joined a radio dispach co. just to put my feets on the floor but will be ready to start on my own some time soon, I bought a nice car and currently in the middle of a negociation to buy a Taxi company name.

Thanks

JJ

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
HI:

No offense, but this is like watching paint dry. Go on line and order a pineapple corer. You cut off the top. screw the corer down through the pineapple, pull out the corer with the meat of the pineapple without the core. It not only cores, it slices the rings as it goes. This is a must item in the DR. Google pineapple corer. If you can get a metal one vs. plastic it will last a lot longer.

LTSTeve