Deportations from Haiti?

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
[h=1]Haiti deported 7 undocumented dominicans[/h]<abbr class="published" title="2012-07-30T14:10:21+00:00" style="border: none; ">JULY 30, 2012

SANTIAGO, DR ? Seven Dominicans residing for two, three and six years in Cap-Haitian were arrested by the police and then repatriated to the Dominican Republic because they were working in the country without documents.This information was later confirmed to the Press by the Cap-Haitian police.Manuel Santos, who resides in Santiago, said that he had been working in a workshop of mechanics of Cap-HaITIAN.</abbr>

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
Immigration-et-Emigration.jpg

[h=1]10 to 15 dominicans arrested and repatriated daily at the haitian-dominican border[/h]
JIMANI, DR – 10 to 15 Dominicans are arrested and repatriated everyday on the border Haitian-Dominican in Jimani, by altering the dates of the visa provided by the Haitian authorities. The majority of these are truckers whose documents have expired, according to Laguerre Edwidge, inspector of immigration in Haiti.Ont the other hand, the Dominican authorities, according to Jose Perez, in charge of immigration at the border post, detect “large amounts” of false visas, sold to Haitians by networks of counterfeiters who are worth a “Finder” fee to defraud them.These are just two ways to enter both countries with illegal documents.However, not everyone who crosses illegally make it through by altering documents, but some of them choose to use the mountains or even the Lake Azuei or Enriquillo in extreme cases.According to their statements, they have the support of citizens of the two Nations.These situations were exposed during the workshop “New views of the Dominican-Haitian reality.” “More and better journalism”, sponsored by the Unesco Chair of communication, democracy and governance of the Pontificia Universidad Catolica Madre y Maestra (PUCMM) and held in the Fond Parisien and Jimani border towns.In fact, according to the priest, the majority of children are not crossing through the border points, but they are brought in boats across the Lake, since the Haitian authorities do not monitor traffic by the Lake Azuei.As a precautionary measure against the trafficking in human beings, the Haitian authorities call for parents to accompany their children when they travel, or provide those traveling with them with a notarized permission.

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Vengeance maybe but really with all the Haitians here its like the pot calling the kettle black ! Oh well it is what it is

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
Acts of vengeance by the Haitians

Not necessarily, if these Dominicans were in Haitian territory without proper papers, then the Haitian authorities were well within their right to deport them. After all, isn't this what we doe to the illegal Haitians on this side of the Island?

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Well,this is what I call even steven.Haitians are deporting Dominicans and vice versa and both
within their own rights.

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
Not necessarily, if these Dominicans were in Haitian territory without proper papers, then the Haitian authorities were well within their right to deport them. After all, isn't this what we doe to the illegal Haitians on this side of the Island?

Nope! If the DR did as they do, there wouldn't be a single illegal Haitian in our territory!

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Well,this is what I call even steven.Haitians are deporting Dominicans and vice versa and both
within their own rights.

Even Steven my rear. Every time we try to deport a Haitian we are viewed as racists and also get acused of human rights violations.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Even Steven my rear. Every time we try to deport a Haitian we are viewed as racists and also get acused of human rights violations.

Yes,I agree with you.But my point is that now the world will think differently because the Haitians are doing the
same thing as we are.

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
Bird droppings! No, the world wont think any different. We'll still be the evil DR that doesn't want to help the nice Haitians.

NotLurking

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Difference is there are not 2 million Domincans in Haiti for all the Haitians that get deported there as still alot here. Point blank the DR and Haiti will never get along IMHO. Also no matter how many you deport back to Haiti they return!!

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
Nope! If the DR did as they do, there wouldn't be a single illegal Haitian in our territory!

Pichardo (no trate de cubrir el sol con un dedo) the whole world knows that our Dominicans government deports Haitians on a daily basis, it just so happens that there are way too many illegal Haitians on our side, hence the reason why it may look as though our government isn't doing anything about this.

Nevertheless, we can't deny the fact that illegal Haitians are being deported.

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
Never happen, the Haitians are too important to the DR economy as far as labor goes.

Not as "important" or necessary as you would have us believe they are. There isn't a job they do that can't be mechanized, or done by a Dominican laborer.

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
Nevertheless, we can't deny the fact that illegal Haitians are being deported.
As it should be. I just wish the DR government would ratchet up the efficiency and deport in masses at least 1-1.5 million Haitians by the end of the year. What a wonderful Christmas present for all Dominicans.

NotLurking

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
As it should be. I just wish the DR government would ratchet up the efficiency and deport in masses at least 1-1.5 million Haitians by the end of the year. What a wonderful Christmas present for all Dominicans.

NotLurking

I hear you loud and clear!!!!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Are things that much better in Haiti for Dominicans? If they deport all illegal Haitians from the DR who will cut the sugar cane?

Just a couple of questions going through my little brain other than getting even. ;)

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
Are things that much better in Haiti for Dominicans? If they deport all illegal Haitians from the DR who will cut the sugar cane?

Just a couple of questions going through my little brain other than getting even. ;)

One word: Mechanization!!!!!

Gurabo444

Nov 1, 2009
Nice, maybe now people will stop saying how inhumane is for DR to deport illegal Haitians from there terretory. Although, I doubt they will, there's a huge double standard out there, I bet they'll say something like "Haitian authorities didn't violated the human rights, of the Dominicans deported, while DR authorities do violate the human rights of deported Haitians" or "Is ok for Haitians to deport illegal Dominicans, because DR is not as poor as Haiti, and they didn't have a catastrophic earthquake like Haiti did".