Felix Sanchez wins gold for the Dominican Republic in 400m hurdles in London

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
This is the Dominican Republic's third gold medal. And the first time a man 34 years old makes a comeback to win a second gold in the 400m hurdles. This is a story of perseverance.

znvox.png

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
1) He is the oldest person to win a sprint race
2) He won in the exact same time he did in Athens.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3) He did not make the finals in 2000
4) He won in 2004
5 OH what thehell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FELIX SANCHEZ you are the best!!

HB

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Yeah, i'm sitting here in Norway watching the olympics live and just saw Felix Sanchez win. my friends were like...do Dominicans have running shoes?

I guess they think islanders run barefoot!

Frank

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
Yeah, i'm sitting here in Norway watching the olympics live and just saw Felix Sanchez win. my friends were like...do Dominicans have running shoes?

I guess they think islanders run barefoot!

Frank

Tell them we all walk around barefoot and we also have little cloths covering our private parts.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Pretty special to be hearing the commentators talking on BBC1 and hearing the DR national anthem in the background :)

15 seconds later... They show Felix as he's receiving his medal and he makes me cry...

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Yep, just saw this race (With Santos) live as well. it was exciting because, santos, was leading for a while, but then the tall Grenadian passed him, and then another guy looked like he was going to pass him, but then Santos, intiated a hyper drive or, what's known in the scientific community as--"Warp Drive" (AKA Lithium Crystals), and turned on the after-burners and held on to 2nd place.

FRank

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Congrats Luguelin Santos!!! Second Olympic medal for DR!!!!!.

What potential there is in the dr. Imagine if more organization and more funds where put into it. Also that girl on the vault could have won a medal.

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
What potential there is in the dr. Imagine if more organization and more funds where put into it. Also that girl on the vault could have won a medal.

Unfortunately I missed the vaults and didn't see what took place in that event. Rest assured we are working on organizing our future potentials, our organization is slow but well on its way.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
The girl on the vaults [Pena?] was nervous - she had a false start, stopped and walked back to restart. Had a nice run, but she didn't land on her feet, rather on her butt. My heart went out to her....

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
An amazing day for our Dominican athletes....well done team DR, you have made us all proud! We have gone from no medals to 33rd on the table of currently 69 different medal winning countries!