Graphics/creative designer needed
I'm looking for a free-lance graphic/creative designer, preferably from Santiago. It should be someone with creativity, which is really what I need.
I'm looking to change some of the graphics used in our site and facebook, and I have a bird's-eye view of the concept. The problem is taking that and turning into something real and eye-catching. That's where the creative designer comes in.
Hi just wondering have you found one? And what is your business?
Here is my CV
Originally Posted by vmhatup
DR1 doesn't allow phone #'s or email addresses to be posted, click on the users name answers a private message.
Highly knowledgeable, resourceful, and results-oriented professional with nearly 20 years of experience and track record of success in leading production and graphic design operations. Proven strengths in directing multiple concurrent projects from inception to completion for international, multimillion dollar companies. Continually search for ways to boost productivity, efficiency, and overall profitability. Readily master new technologies and techniques.
Accurately interpret the voice of clientele through creative insight and combination of big picture vision and astute attention to detail. Outstanding communication skills; able to build solid teams and establish strong industry presence.
Fluent in English and German; working knowledge of Spanish. • Graphic Design
• Quality Control
• Resource Allocation
• Project Management
• Vendor Relations
• Production Planning
• Large Format Printers
• Client Presentations
Mac & PC OS • Adobe CS5 (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Dreamweaver) • Adobe Acrobat Distiller Pro • QuarkXPress
Flash • MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) • WordPress • FTP • HTML • CSS • GUI • TC/IP • LAN
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE & ACHIEVEMENTS
CALGARY FASTENERS & TOOLS – Calgary, AB, Canada 2007 to 2012
Catalog Designer (Contract)
Created/presented business plan and awarded contract to create company’s first product catalog. Organized inventory and compiled images and text for 60K+ items. Worked closely with directors from each department and their prospective buyers to analyze vendor activity and determine allocated pages. Communicated with vendors in US, Canada, and Germany to gather necessary details for catalog completion.
• Provided sales team with comprehensive, 175-page “leave behind” for potential customers.
• Selected to orchestrate publishing of 2nd and 3rd editions; came in below budget for both projects as result of strategic planning and effective cost control and led development of expanded 4th edition (500 pages).
• Following catalog launch, Safety Department reported 20% increase in sales within 1 year and achieved 12%–15% increase in sales for subsequent 2 years.
SANDBOX MARKETING + COMMUNICATIONS – Calgary, AB, Canada 2005 to 2007
Production Manager, Art Director
Led projects from inception to completion for marketing and brand management agency specializing in retail POP and POS displays. Gathered and reviewed estimates from vendors including printers, photographers, and contractors. Facilitated daily Project Board meetings in design studio with entire team to review all current job statuses and schedules. Presided over fulfillment functions, managing all files and archiving projects. Maintained libraries of paper samples and color swatches. Assisted with preparing creative materials for client presentations. Remained up-to-date with latest industry trends and production techniques.
• Drafted RFPs and utilized extensive network of industry contacts to secure optimal printing prices with 1-year supplier contracts.
• Reorganized production studio processes and introduced new techniques, drastically improving production and studio’s ability to handle high-volume workloads.
• Brought fulfillment operations in house, saving significant time and expenses and enhancing overall project quality and efficiency.
TRIGGER COMMUNICATIONS – Calgary, AB, Canada 2005
Supervised day-to-day production operations for top 5 advertising agency in Calgary. Led Project Board meetings each day, requested estimates and secured contracts with vendors and contractors, and completed QC press checks. Organized and updated sample and swatch libraries. Prepared materials for client review. Managed fulfillment process for ad campaigns.
• Directed production of SHAW Communication’s “Big Pipe” ad campaign launched in various cities throughout Canada; media included billboards, public transit vehicle wraps, and bus shelter signage.
• Executed direct mail campaigns for major client, Certified Management Accountants (CMA).
• Served on-call 24/7 during annual reports season, ensuring paper was ordered, press times were scheduled, press checks were completed, and forms were reviewed/submitted.
ALBERTA COLLEGE OF ART & DESIGN – Calgary, AB, Canada 2002 to 2005
IT Coordinator, Digital Design Instructor
Held dual role within one of the top art and design schools in Canada with 1.2K+ students. Challenged with supporting school-wide upgrade to new hardware and software. Handled IT needs for 70 design students and 15 faculty members.
• Planned and set up Design Department’s first computer lab, submitting budget and achieving approval for 20 workstations; ordered and installed all necessary hardware and software including wireless networks, backup systems, servers, and printers.
• Appointed by Dean of Design to create and lead first-year course on print and web design software.
• Requested by President to serve as “go-to” resource for computer support.
• Selected by Continuing Education Department to teach evening/weekend course and participate in Girls and Technology government initiative to assist young women interested in technology-based careers.
TRANSCONTINENTAL PRINTING – Calgary, AB, Canada 2002
Production Liaison to The Forzani Group (Contract)
• Enlisted to streamline Forzani Group’s weekly flyer production process; brought studio up to speed in 6 months, well ahead of estimated 1.5-year timeframe.
• Improved quality of final prints and trimmed preparation time by 25%.
• Revamped pre-press setup procedures, reducing bottlenecks and increasing press workflow.
MEGAWHEELS TECHNOLOGIES INC. – Calgary, AB, Canada 1999 to 2002
Graphic Designer, Production Manager – Canada & UK
• Promoted within 6 months to Production Manager, leading team of 7 designers, creating new client publications, brand manuals, and training materials, and monitoring staff performance.
• Managed design and final pre-press production for 8 accounts, each with an average of 300 display ads and thousands of classified ads.
• Cut production time 35% by adding graphic libraries, teaching designers how to quickly set text and edit content, and utilizing graphic links to insert photos.
• Selected as part of team that traveled to London to launch company’s first European publication, “esWheels;” set up office and hired/trained necessary staff, worked closely with newspaper and publishing personnel, and coordinated all production operations.
Additional Positions: Graphic Designer – The Calgary Herald, Calgary, AB, Canada; Graphic Designer – L.P.I. Communications, Calgary, AB, Canada; Graphic Designer – Kent Allan Design Group, Calgary, AB, Canada
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Visual Communication & Design Program (4 years), Alberta College of Art & Design, Calgary, AB, Canada
Received Alberta Distilleries Award
General Studies Coursework, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB, Canada
Computer Graphics Coursework, Mount Royal University, Calgary, AB, Canada
Macintosh OSX & OSX Server Certification, Apple Canada
Presently taking beginner courses in Spanish
Last edited by Hlywud; 08-14-2012 at 02:36 PM.
Reason: click on vmhatup name to send a pm