Orange flybox internet is a joke atm...

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I actually think it is faster to send this post by Caribe Tours to Robert, and ask him to post it, instead of using Orange internet on the NC.

At the moment, and yes I am over my monthly allowance, I should get 384kb. In reality I am getting between 10 and 40kb...

Complaints do not help. I always get the same response. We are aware of this, and it is because we are upgrading our system to make speeds faster. This has been more than a month now.

Anybody else here got the same problem?

Oh well, one more month on my contract, and I can switch to delancer cable.

BelgianK

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Yea my slow speeds are Slooooowwwwwwwww but once my 10 gigs come tomorrow im good I too cant wait for my contract to be up in 2 months unfortunately I stiil need the Orange as its the only internet available to me in my area! Where I messed up was signing an Ofeta and I dont get the free unlimted velocity from 12 am to 9 am even though i have the 10 g plan because I got it on oferta I cannot get that service but I am still paying the same price as everyone!!! I will cancel my contract and sign a new one for 10 g and free high veliocity speed from 12 AM to 9 AM. It really is a rip off though and exspensive but hey what can I can do I need internet LOL 10 gigs goes so fast !

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I asked them about that free unlimited velocity, and they looked at me like I came from Mars. This was at the Sosua office.

BelgianK

Yea my slow speeds are Slooooowwwwwwwww but once my 10 gigs come tomorrow im good I too cant wait for my contract to be up in 2 months unfortunately I stiil need the Orange as its the only internet available to me in my area! Where I messed up was signing an Ofeta and I dont get the free unlimted velocity from 12 am to 9 am even though i have the 10 g plan because I got it on oferta I cannot get that service but I am still paying the same price as everyone!!! I will cancel my contract and sign a new one for 10 g and free high veliocity speed from 12 AM to 9 AM. It really is a rip off though and exspensive but hey what can I can do I need internet LOL 10 gigs goes so fast !

Ex-Canuck

Dec 30, 2010
I had the orange flybox for about 2-3 months, was horrible, while boasting the same speeds of Claro. I called customer service one night and lost it on them, I demanded a supervisor who spoke english and finally got one. He sent me an antaenna to "fix the problem" and I made him say that if it didn't work I could cancel and break the contract with no penalty. Well it didn't work, my wife went in to cancel and they gave her a hard time, but after threatening to call proconsumidor we were allowed to cancel, penalty free in 3 days. Thats my experience with orange internet.

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Rubio i have the 10g plan but because I got mine in oferta last year it dont apply I want 25 gigs though!

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Rubio i have the 10g plan but because I got mine in oferta last year it dont apply I want 25 gigs though!

No oferta in our case, just signed in for the 10 GB but just recently discovered that we should get unlimited speed between 12 and 9...but no, no unlimited speed...unless we have to reset the modem each night which we didn't do yet. It sounds stupid, I know, but nothing surprises me in this country :cheeky:
Will try that as soon as my 10 Gb is gone, just started the new month with resetting the modem which wasn't giving anything :rolleyes:

Acira

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
I get good speed on my 10 gigs plan... But now I am also in the slow part...384...

My deal is 2 years old, meaning I don't get those unlimited night speed. Those who do, get their slow speed at 256Kb/s instead of 384...

Food for thought...

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
When i went to the office in puerto Plata they told me it wasnt 25 g it was 15 but I see that it is and that I could not upgrade to the 25 g because I am an extranjero I told them I have been paying my cell phone bill for 4 yewars now but when my contract is up in 2 months I can cancel and get 25 g and unlimited from 12-9 AM then I will get it in my wifes name !!! I cannot complain i got my 10 g this morning and the velocity is great 3-6 m but wow 10 g does not last long would be great of they offered unlimited velocity or able to purchase more gigs when you use your quota! Alas until Delanciar gets thier internet lines in my area or even Claro I am stuck with this hurry up 2 months andi can cance my contract ! I was even thinking of just getting my gf to sign up for the 25 g and pay the last 2 months that way I will have 35 g but at a price of 4700 peso just seems to exspensove for it so Ill have to wait ! Damn fine print iin contracts!

Last edited:

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
We had this service and finally were able to terminate it because of very bad service with what appears to be no penalty so far. We had the 25 g service and had horrible speeds all the time. Glad to be rid of it.

Bob k

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
My speeds are good when I have the 10 g velociity but I noticed that the 3g service is dependent on weather as well when its raininy and clooudy service not so good good sunny day its great

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
The FlyBox only "works" where your Orange phone will show you ALL signal bars.
And even then, they have so oversold their 3G bandwith it's crawling so bad, sometimes it's not good enough to look at simple text e-mail anymore.
I have 3G with Orange now for 18 months.... for the first half year, it was at times so good, I could even tether my laptop on it when Jodetel's service was down... NOW, I can barely get notifications that I WOULD have new e-mails.

As others posted, viva la Republica!.... you can complain all day and night.... they don't give a "F". (yes, I know, it's a French company... but it's run the "local" way, just like all the other providers (go try Jodetel's USB stick 3G internet! YAWN!)).

... J-D.

sunshinedon

Jul 28, 2012
does anyone recomend dlancer cable and intrnet. Do they also have phone. typically how long does it take them to set up.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Still like crap, very unreliable. Sometimes very good speeds, then oh so slow...

Although this month I cannot complain. I am way over my limit, and they keep sending me emails saying I have used half of it... lol

Still switching next month.

Warning, if you use the fidepuntos on your flybox account, you automatically renew your contract for another 18 months!!!

BelgianK

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
I am now in my 18 month of my contract and have never recived an email relling me how much I have used how do I get that Orange is so shady really. if i could get Delanciar id switch in a a heart beat but they dont have the internet lines to my house !!!!