Oceanfront property in cabarete

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Not enough information given. Cabrete is very long going from just east of the border of Sosua to the La Boca area including places like Sea Horse Ranch, Perla Marina, businesses in Cabarete Center, etc. So please be more specific with your location and someone might have an idea.

Taylor

Buy the ticket, take the ride
Jan 28, 2005
Be sure to use a top notch lawyer to check your title. Some of the land there has had title issues.

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
CLEAR THE LAND with guido Perdomo he knows every sq inch of oceanfront and most likely will know if there Are Questionable title problems

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Indeed. Be very, very careful about title in that exact region. Also check on the building codes to see how close you can actually build to the ocean. Depending upon which parcel, some are not very wide between the beach and the highway.

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
indeed. Be very, very careful about title in that exact region. Also check on the building codes to see how close you can actually build to the ocean. Depending upon which parcel, some are not very wide between the beach and the highway.

measure thrice ,and do due diligence twice

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Since we are talking real estate anyone have an opinion as to the best agent for Sosua sales? Seems like prices are all over the place with no standards. I know, its the DR but its the wild west of real estate out there. Thanks for any opinions.

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
Yes, Yes, Yes. DR makes wild west look tame. PM me and I can give you a name of a really honest realestate agent. If not ok.

fuchs4d

Mar 7, 2004
If you want to construct: consider risk of hurricans

Last Hurrican that damaged the north coast was "David" in 1978.
It devested parts of Nagua and there were damages in Puerto Plata according to the elderly in Sabaneta de Yasica.
Cabarete simply did not exist in 1978.
I do not know what can happen to Cabarete, but if you remember the TV pictures of Katrine one can imagine.
All buildings of Cabarete coud be damaged / washed away.
A few thousand people in "La Cienega" near Cabarete are in danger, because water could enter fast from the lagune side connected with Rio Yasica and very fast from the sea side with no way to escape, land is only about 2 m above sea level there.
Sea level could rise a few meters in a Hurricane.
Costa Azul will be flooded.
Ask people in Juan Dolio about the damages of the last Hurricane there, I think it was 1995.
Question is not if there will be another "David", only when.

Alexander

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Last Hurrican that damaged the north coast was "David" in 1978.
It devested parts of Nagua and there were damages in Puerto Plata according to the elderly in Sabaneta de Yasica.
Cabarete simply did not exist in 1978.
I do not know what can happen to Cabarete, but if you remember the TV pictures of Katrine one can imagine.
All buildings of Cabarete coud be damaged / washed away.
A few thousand people in "La Cienega" near Cabarete are in danger, because water could enter fast from the lagune side connected with Rio Yasica and very fast from the sea side with no way to escape, land is only about 2 m above sea level there.
Sea level could rise a few meters in a Hurricane.
Costa Azul will be flooded.
Ask people in Juan Dolio about the damages of the last Hurricane there, I think it was 1995.
Question is not if there will be another "David", only when.

Alexander

It is rather unlikely that a hurricane will hit Cabarete. This has been discussed many times on this forum. Possible? Yes. Likely not at all. The south and east coasts of the island are much more likely to be hit by hurricanes because of the normal path of such storms.

p33tef

Dec 14, 2011
It is rather unlikely that a hurricane will hit Cabarete. This has been discussed many times on this forum. Possible? Yes. Likely not at all. The south and east coasts of the island are much more likely to be hit by hurricanes because of the normal path of such storms.
Correct it would be very unusual for a storm to re-curve to the South and hit the North coast because of the latitude we are at take a look at this link showing the likely paths of storms 2012 Atlantic Hurricane Season but nothing is impossible with regards to the weather. I have worked at sea for over twenty years and the weather is changing and becoming more extreme.

fuchs4d

Mar 7, 2004
Very unlikly? David was in 1978 (34 years ago)

Correct it would be very unusual for a storm to re-curve to the South and hit the North coast....

David was in 1978, which is 34 years ago.
Chance is rare in comparison to many other coast regions, but again: question is not "if", only "when".
Hopefully there will be none the next 100 years.

Tsunamis: there were 2 minor waves in this area around 1993 from the Tsunami that hit Chile.
Some people told me that sea water entered once in todays entrance of "La Cienega". Only possibility for me that is were those waves.

I would recommend places in "Coconut Palm" area, which is elevated and ocean view is fantastic from there.

Alexander