Hello

313Buzz

Aug 8, 2012
I am an american that is taking Spanish I in 2 weeks. I will take Spanish II in the winter. It is part of my requirement for my degree. I have always had an affinity for latin women so I joined this dating website thinking I would meet some nice mexican woman in my area. I live in detroit and we have a mexicantown. Sadly the website does not have many local women to choose from. However, I get about 10 "likes" a day from dominican women that live in DR. Women very far out of my league. I am good looking, but I get very good looking women that are 10 years younger than me that are interested. I am 30.

Now to most americans i know it sounds crazy to marry a foreigner that you hardly know, but there is no way I would ever get an american girl this attractive. And some of them know english. Idk, i just want some opinions on the situation and see what other people think. In my opinion i think these DR girls are dead serious. Like they wanna have my baby serious. lol

313Buzz

Aug 8, 2012
I should also state that I am not dumb enough to send anyone money. I know a little bit about the system.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
I would read these before I go any further.Sankie 101
I hope the site doesn't require to purchase special hearts or messaging points. I don't know about you but in my opinion most internet dating site (digital pimp I call it) has nothing to offer. I am "cute, caring and fun" with their best pictures 10 years ago didn't translated well when I tried couple of sites awhile ago.

313Buzz

Aug 8, 2012
Well i am not dating anyone actually. I am pretty busy with school and work. I wanted to date a mexican or any latino in my area. It just so happens that i get a lot of DR women wanting to marry me and have my baby. I'm guessing to get the heck out of their current situation. Life must be rough if you would just pick up and go. I would not be trying to "date" anyone in DR. But if i could get some super extra hot wife that wants to have my kids, its worth considering for a minute.

313Buzz

Aug 8, 2012
Well, feel free to drop an opinion. And mods feel free to place this thread where it belongs. I just want to know what's the worst case scenario. I mean i think a lot of them are serious. They friend me on facebook. I can see their life all the way back to high school. If it is some elaborate scam, it must be the best ever. And for real, its not like i'm ugly and these girls are interested, i'm pretty good looking. Granted they are generally around 20 years old and i am 30.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
LOL... I don't even know where to start. BUT... you say you're not "dumb enough to send money"... BUT, you don't think even talking about marrying someone from the internet you don't even know, (however HOT she might be), LET ALONE seriously consider the concept, is just as DUMB... actually MORE dumb several times over????

If I thought you were "for real", I'd stick around and watch this train wreck unfold. LOLOLOL (I'm easily entertained.)

313Buzz

Aug 8, 2012
There are some educated women that speak english from DR. I was just stating that i'm not some desperate fool. I meet plenty of women in detroit and most of them are very self centered. The idea of mixing cultures and having bilingual children intrigues me. I don't want some uneducated girl looking for a way out. I can tell how smart they are talking to them live on skype. I am just saying, out of the 3000-5000 DR girls on this website, i am attracting the best looking ones. Probably because i am one of the youngest. Its mostly old men looking to be trick daddy. Thats not me. If i can find an educated woman that is ridiculously good looking, speaks the language, and wants to create super good looking babies that speak 2 languages, then why not? lol of course it sounds crazy, but i have been unconventional my whole life. I am an international banking major and spanish happens to be my language of choice. Why not learn the language even better with a spanish speaking wife?

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
Study Abroad

I am an american that is taking Spanish I in 2 weeks. I will take Spanish II in the winter. It is part of my requirement for my degree. I have always had an affinity for latin women so I joined this dating website thinking I would meet some nice mexican woman in my area. I live in detroit and we have a mexicantown. Sadly the website does not have many local women to choose from. However, I get about 10 "likes" a day from dominican women that live in DR. Women very far out of my league. I am good looking, but I get very good looking women that are 10 years younger than me that are interested. I am 30.

Now to most americans i know it sounds crazy to marry a foreigner that you hardly know, but there is no way I would ever get an american girl this attractive. And some of them know english. Idk, i just want some opinions on the situation and see what other people think. In my opinion i think these DR girls are dead serious. Like they wanna have my baby serious. lol

Look into a six month study abroad program. You'll actually be around ladies that you can marry AND take home to mama. It'll also do wonders for your Spanish.

Obviously Mexicans and Dominicans are very different.

313Buzz

Aug 8, 2012
And i'm not talking about marrying anyone without knowing them. I am just exploring the option. I wouldn't even consider it until i at least complete my own spanish studies. That will be May 2013. I have plenty of time from now until then and then from whatever time it takes to get a k1 (or whatever its called). From what i understand, if you get them here on a fiance visa, you have 90 days to make a decision. And i know thats not a whole lot of time but i dont think they can just leave you without the penalty of going back. Of course there is a chance we don't mesh. Compared to most of these american flakes, i think the risk of it not working is just as great.

baby bori

May 18, 2010
313 Buzz its like you have the answers to all your potential questions or doubts what's the point of starting this thread? You seem to be a logical young man........when I met my fiance I did what I had to do on my own be a man about it and made my choice. At 30 yrs old a male should be firm make a choice regarding potential romantic relationships/choosing a mate without other opinions on the matter. You work and pay your personal expenses without another person's assistance well same thing here choose and move on cub scout!!!!

313Buzz

Aug 8, 2012
I just want to see what other people think about it. I can handle the worst you have to say. Its always good to run ideas by other people. Maybe there is some underground railroad for DR women in the usa that i dont know about. Like a way to come here and just disappear. I wanna know everything i can about something before i even consider it.