Would someone translate a couple sentences for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

313Buzz

Aug 8, 2012
I use a digital translator and can get the gist of most sentences, but i can not figure what this means in english. Any takers?

• cuando oeste casada en face ay no estoy libre

• osea k lo estoy.

313Buzz

Aug 8, 2012
I said i dont care if you have a boyfriend because I am in another country. You are free (libre) and not mine. I see on facebook that she does have a boyfriend but she is seeking an american husband.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
I said i dont care if you have a boyfriend because I am in another country. You are free (libre) and not mine. I see on facebook that she does have a boyfriend but she is seeking an american husband.

She's saying something like:
-When I appear as married on Facebook then that will mean I'm not free.

- So, I mean/ that means I now am ( Single/Free).

So, basically, She's single now and if you ever get to see her marital status on Facebook as "married", that will mean she is not free anymore.

By the way, her spelling is horrible!:rolleyes:

313Buzz

Aug 8, 2012
thats why i was having a problem with the translation. i know, she is young (19), thats how the digital age communicates in any language. Chopped up.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
thats why i was having a problem with the translation. i know, she is young (19), thats how the digital age communicates in any language. Chopped up.

Don't be surprised to learn that's the way they write in nornal life also, their spelling here is very bad, has nothing to do with digital age communications.

Education here in public schools leaves a lot to be desired.

Don

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011

Actually, setting word chopping aside, you can still tell she has some serious spelling issues. By the way, 19 is not too young for these things; Even if you are 16 you don't write like that If you've had a good education.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Actually, setting word chopping aside, you can still tell she has some serious spelling issues. By the way, 19 is not too young for these things; Even if you are 16 you don't write like that If you've had a good education.

I may be wrong, but I'm sure her ability to spell correctly is not what's attracting him to her.

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
I think leaving off the silent "h" is one of the most common errors you'll see, even in non-texting. (ay for hay, e for he, ablar for hablar, etc.)

You've already figured out k=que

What's so funny is that she's basically telling you how she rolls, and you're still interested.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011

When I read the lines I knew EXACTLY what she was trying to say. The OP did also, but he was hoping by chance it meant something different.

Since you enjoy making the world a classroom let me help you. A 5 yr old use a word like "good" to describe a noun. When I was in the 9th grade my teacher made me write the word good 100 times so I can get it out of my system. The word "education" is one of the broadest words in the english language it can mean ANYTHING. You read TWO lines of the OP friend on Facebook, not an essay, short story theme etc. but Facebook and you concluded she has spelling issue. Did you win a spelling bee or something?

BTW You could have wrote "If you've had an education" saying a good education is like saying "wet water" Everything in life is NOT " bueno o malo" there is a lot in between.

You of all people should know how challenged the DR school system is and Dominicans do not put a priority on education, but you needed to point out one of your fellow countrymen have trouble spelling to a board with 99.9% non Dominicans. Hey but at least you can spell.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
When I read the lines I knew EXACTLY what she was trying to say. The OP did also, but he was hoping by chance it meant something different.

Since you enjoy making the world a classroom let me help you. A 5 yr old use a word like "good" to describe a noun. When I was in the 9th grade my teacher made me write the word good 100 times so I can get it out of my system. The word "education" is one of the broadest words in the english language it can mean ANYTHING. You read TWO lines of the OP friend on Facebook, not an essay, short story theme etc. but Facebook and you concluded she has spelling issue. Did you win a spelling bee or something?

BTW You could have wrote "If you've had an education" saying a good education is like saying "wet water" Everything in life is NOT " bueno o malo" there is a lot in between.

You of all people should know how challenged the DR school system is and Dominicans do not put a priority on education, but you needed to point out one of your fellow countrymen have trouble spelling to a board with 99.9% non Dominicans. Hey but at least you can spell.

I understand you take this personally because you have spelling problems but this post was not intended to offend YOU or anyone, Dominican or not. I'm just stating a reality.

On another post, our friend here, was talking about how many of these Dominican women, that he's getting in contact with, are educated, but from one of these posts I noticed he can't tell the difference from someone who's chopping words and using informal language from someone else who has grammar and spelling problems.

There are certain mistakes that people make, EVEN ON FACEBOOK, that can tell you that someone has had a faulty education and this is something that many of us, DOMINICAN PEOPLE, often talk about, BELIEVE IT OR NOT!

Not only do I know what I'm talking about, but Spanish is also my first language.

The school system in the DR is, indeed, challenged and unfortunately that's why getting an education doesn't mean that you will get a good one and that is why I use that term.

By the way, you are mistaken if you think that for Dominicans education is not a priority, even though the government doesn't have it as a priority, for us, it is an important issue and parents make great efforts and sacrifices and spend a lot of money so that their children can get a good education.

By the way, It's "You could have written" and not "You could have wrote".

313Buzz

Aug 8, 2012
I love how people make assumptions on this forum. First off, we both agreed that we would not be right for each other at the present time. This is why i told her i dont care if she has a bf. She is taking english classes and I have yet to start my spanish classes, but wen i talk i on cell fone i usually abr wherever i can, esp on a blk bry. Jeez i think i am second guessing ever joining this forum. Thanks aguaita29 for the translation.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I love how people make assumptions on this forum. First off, we both agreed that we would not be right for each other at the present time. This is why i told her i dont care if she has a bf. She is taking english classes and I have yet to start my spanish classes, but wen i talk i on cell fone i usually abr wherever i can, esp on a blk bry. Jeez i think i am second guessing ever joining this forum. Thanks aguaita29 for the translation.

Don't worry about it. People love love to give out relationship advice whether you ask for it or not.

how's the weather in DR, oh be careful you don't get sankied! Where do I buy bread? Oh be careful the pretty girl at the bakery doesn't ask for money it's a trap.

You get the idea. I'm sure the mod will clean this up. ;)

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
The OP asked for a translation and I think a translation post/ request inevitably lends itself to discussion about related topics about Spanish and language in general which is fine.

Relationship issues are for the Mars and Venus forum. Any other off topic posts going forward will be deleted.

Carry on....

-MP.

Status
Not open for further replies.