Real Ham at Playero in Sosua!

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Playero offers a real fresh ham as opposed to something that is packaged in the cold cut section.

I was disappointed today when a local restaurant advertised home made macoroni and cheese but found out that was an old post.

I brought some stauffers mac and cheese with me as well as some english muffins from my last trip so tonight I made a sandwhich of toasted english muffins with macaroni and cheese and real ham.

I used to say when you go to the Bahamas you have to bring your own Women but in the DR you have to bring your own Food !

PC

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
when i fly home with air france (2x25kg of luggage) i tend to take one full suitcase of food. once i brought 27 kilos of ham, sausages and other meats. plus bread, cheese and sweets. and bottles/jars/tubes of cosmetics. clothes had to go to the hand luggage ;)

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
when i fly home with air france (2x25kg of luggage) i tend to take one full suitcase of food. once i brought 27 kilos of ham, sausages and other meats. plus bread, cheese and sweets. and bottles/jars/tubes of cosmetics. clothes had to go to the hand luggage ;)

It's nice to be able to choose between corned beef, veal picatta , scallops or imported meatloaf for dinner.

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
I know a Canadian who brings about 40 lbs of meat when he comes for holidays . The last time his suitcase had frost on the outside . ... I don't know how he get this through but he does ! Lol

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Is it just me or is dominican pork some of the best in the entire world? I once saw a truck full of dominican pigs and they were the size of horses.. I've never eaten as much pork anywhere that I've lived as I do here, it's that good and reasonably priced as well. If you eat ham on your sandwiches, try bolo chef jamon .. it's better than any boars head I've ever had in the states by far :)