Santo Domingo from the air

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
A quick shot of an area of Santo Domingo taken with a FPV Skywalker GOPRO HERO2 in HD720:

[video=youtube;s6I2H5JQlKo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6I2H5JQlKo[/video]

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
I figured that mate, I didn't think you had the chipmunks on board. Who is in control of the control? What was the signal strength (distance?)seems good stuff and fun, I'd like one.

It's a Futaba Fasst 2.4 GHz with a modified antenna to extend the range and Foxtech FPV System FY31AP autopilot with an added hornet OSD.

With the range extender added, it operates with little problems for about 3 1/4 miles, depending on altitude. Until the failsafe activated and calls home.

Not me flying!

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Yea flying RC helicopters is not easy im a RC Car guy myself but have wanted to get into flying for a few years when I raceed of road RC at Hobbyland in Santo Domingo i would watch the guys flying thier planes helis and jets cool stuff !

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
Out of curiosity... Did they fly and record the video, then watch it, or were they flying and watching the progress real time?

The image is sent back real time atop a load of data, including GPS waypoints, heading, etc...

You can best navigate using goggles for the video feedback whilst controlling with the remote at the same time.

It all depends on how you fly it, solo or with some assistance.

You can have the video monitor set somewhere you want and still be free to fly the craft on eyes only.

It all depends on how best you want it or experience you have.

I would say anything beyond 4 miles with the Fasst is no go.

As for the video you see, it's recorded on the camera and then loaded to the PC. The one you get from real time is not like this!