Bachata concerts on the north coast

superfly_2000

Dec 12, 2007
Sometimes I see an occasional sign on the road or a poster near the Puerto Plata Malecon...but if anyone knows of an upcoming bachata concert please write it here...

...or if you know a page that might have this information...

Salsafan

Bronze
Aug 17, 2011
It seems to me that generally the active members on this board aren't very interested in Bachata or at least to share the information.
On the other hand, there doesn't seem to be much information about upcoming concerts in newspapers or internet. Maybe more on radio, but then one should be quite good in spanish.

Jan 22, 2010
Saturday August 18...Zacarias Fereira in hotel Puerto Plata Village , food and drinks included from 6pm to end of concert (although I recently went for a day pass there and was very bad food and sour beer lol)
1500 pesos entrance

T.E.

May 29, 2006
If you go to a Bachata concert, be ready for a long night. I went to a Raulin concert near Sosua and he didn't start until around 11:30 and it went on until at least 4AM. The road posters make nice souvenirs.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
It seems to me that generally the active members on this board aren't very interested in Bachata or at least to share the information.
On the other hand, there doesn't seem to be much information about upcoming concerts in newspapers or internet. Maybe more on radio, but then one should be quite good in spanish.

The only way most bachata parties are promoted are through roadsigns, so you'd need people that drive around POP frequently and can actually remember where and what date a particular singer is going to be around. Combine that with the shear number of signs and it's obvious why people can't tell you where the next party is.. they can't remember lol. I know last time I went to POP a couple days ago there's a few signs for some good tipico bands but I can't remember any bachata artists being around.

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
I feal you . I have trouble knowing what is going oni have missed a few conserts i would have loved to see , due to lack of knowing when and ware thy were or are . The jazz at soho is advertised well here on dr1 but it lack in meney other ways ! It would be great to get more info on up comming events . IE sports , musik , plays , ect . I know thy are basketball games going on now in santigo and an going to see black point tonight not barcheta but ragiotone can be fun sometimes .