Macbook Pro fan repair in Santo Domingo

yb1

Oct 6, 2008
My MacBook Pro needs it's fans replacing (they are making horrid, grinding, buzzing noises). I read there's an Apple store on Roberto Pastoriza, do they do repairs too?

Do they have a good reputation for servicing and repairs? Will I see my Mac again if I hand it over?

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
I have a macbook pro and my logic board burned out. I ended up sending it back to the states with a friend after hearing a bunch of horror stories about mac service centers here, something about them not actually being apple stores, just like endorsed by apple. Take it somewhere else please.

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
Well, I think the guy in MacCenter shop on c. Roberta Pastoriza can do simple things like this. He can't solder anything in motherboard or other parts, but he can replace the whole part. But the best way of fixing something in DR is DO IT YOURSELF if you want it to be fixed properly. If you have no idea how to do it, just buy the fan from ebay, buy the small screwdriver set from ebay or in Ferreteria Americana, find the repair manual for your MacbookPro model on ifixit.com (they have it for all of them), and finally find non–Dominican friend who can do that.

With some basic skills and proper set of screwdrivers it can be done in less than one hour.

P.S. You also need plastic pry tool to open it, they are available on ebay too.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
There's another place in Plaza Castilla on Lincoln, between 27 and Lope de Vega. The owner is called Oscar and has helped us more than once.

On the east coast there's a Centro Mac in Paseo San Juan (next to "Starbucks") with a very helpful Spanish owner.

yb1

Oct 6, 2008
Thank you everyone. Will visit the Punta Cana store first. DIY is an option - loads of "how to" vids on YouTube.