Looking for a scooter mechanic in sosua

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
any recommendations? reasonably honest and skilled? (i guess i cant hope for much more!)

I won't use the one in Sosua that is on Pedro Clisante ever again and always stay with them while they do the repairs or you will get ripped off.

My throtle cable broke on a Sunday and I dropped the bike off and the mechanic delivered the bike and showed me a cable that led to a carburetor and charged me RD 3000 but i looked at the carburatr and it said made in japan but my bike is made in china, I paid because I had no proof but called the parts supplier in the U.S. and sure enough they only use chinese parts.

Javier in Charamicos always charges RD 2000 for all repairs regardlerss of the true cost.

Best to call mechanico David and he will come to Sosua and pick up your bike and the prices are ridiculously in expensive.

His number is 809 781 6486 and he is located on the highway next to the learning center about 70% of the way.

Send me a PM and we can travel there and I will introduce you.

Last week my belt broke on the way to cabarete and another scooter pushed me to his roadside garage and I gave him 1000 pesos to buy the belt and deliver the bike to me latter that day in Sosua and he arrived and gave me a total invoiced of RD $550 for parts and labor and I said keep the change.

Javier in Charamicos would have charged RD 2000 and the guy in sosua would probally say RD 3000 .

David is the only mechanic that has not stolen the gasoline out of my gas tank as well

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Wow you are paying way too much for your scooter repairs Ive got whole engine jobs done for 3000 pesos !

bermyboy

Bronze
Dec 13, 2007
Yea mike di\d you pay 3000 for a throttle cable or a new carbureator I only ask because I do know orginal Japan parts can get excspensive but a throttle cable is 200-500 pesos max. You can also try Cabarete Repuestos in XCabarete they also have a new shop just past the stop light on the main road in Charimicos but to me the best mechanics are in Gasper Hernendez Ney and the boys David is good too in Cabarete just pas La Cieniga Good Luck I know all this as I used to have a scooter rental here ! But never again LOL