Best movers in santiago.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Today I moved my furniture from santiago to santo domingo. The process went as smooth as I couldn't possibly imagined. After hearing some serious horror stories from some friends who were left with broken items, scratched wood or had gotten everything wet in a rain storm while moving home furniture from point A to B, I was ready for some damaged furniture along the way.
Here is my story:
I was put in touch with a guy who was interested in moving my furniture from santiago to capital. He came to survey the stuff and assured me everything will be gone in one shot. I had 2 bedroom set furniture Plus an extra bed from 3rd room, dinning room set (with 6 chairs), 4 huge sofas, full sized fridge, washer, 1 bicycle, 6 bags full of stuff and a few large cartons and some other junk that I had accumulated over the years. I un-assembled the bedroom set and had already stuffed my stuff in cartons and bags. The guys came on-time at 7:30am and instantly went to work. I was surprised to see they came prepared. They brought along tools to disassemble items and brought along foam sheets to protect the wooden furniture and glass items. As promised they didn't break or scratched any item anywhere. They were extremely fast and equally careful in their work. In less that 1 and 1/2 hours, the whole truck was packed solid. They were even nice enough to stop at a propane gas station to allow me to fill up my cooking gas tank. Then they drove slowly and carefully to the capital. Once arrived, they got back to work again like ants and in about an hour or less, all the furniture was shipped to second floor of the building without any scratch. I just don't know how they did all that because my sofas are huge and my fridge was big. the stairs have a bend and has metal sidings. These guys were super fast and excellent in their work ethics.
Total cost included:
a truck which was covered ( uhaul type)
4 people all together
assembly and dis-assembly of furniture.
Taking off my a/c from a wall which required breaking some parts of the wall (not their fault as the idiot who installed the a/c fixed it into the wall permanently with cement.
covering all wooden items with foam
protecting glass in foam

Total cost: 10,000 pesos. (price was special as the mover's friend was my friend)
I was so shocked at the low price, I gave the guys 2 thousand pesos tip.
I want to know if I can write down the name and phone number of the movers?If its allowed, I can post the info here.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
AZB, I don't see why not - 3rd party endorsements are okay, and it sounds like they deserve 2 thumbs up!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
MUDANZA Y CARGA GONZ?LEZ
CALL. F?lix Gonz?lez
Cell. 809 879 3964 or 809 982 8858

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I think that is a very fair price. Especially considering all the precautions they took.

To give a comparison... 5,000 rds from Jarabacoa to the NC, in an open truck. Also special price from a friend. Mind you, no complaints, but then we did not have any special goods to transport, nor did they have to move it to the second floor.

BelgianK

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
How is Santiago going to survive without you Aftab?

Can I have all the Santiago pages from your black book,
... I can make some spare money selling the pages.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
it was a sad day, leaving santiago home, after living there for so long.
On the other hand, I am actually glad to have found a nice apartment close to all interesting place. Mirador Park, one block away (Av. Mirador sur). I can walk/run there at night or finally be able to ride my bicycle which has been parked in my storage room for the past 13 yrs. burger king is 1 block away,so are the banks and all the food from carritos are also there. Melecon is 1 block away. So guess what, this Nig*er is going fishing on saturdays :).
I will miss my barber in santiago though. He was nice enough to trim my nose and ear hair. Just lately, I had trained him to shave my back hair as well. all for 120 pesos.
I guess I will not get the same service in SD. Oh well, life goes on.
AZB

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
How is Santiago going to survive without you Aftab?

Can I have all the Santiago pages from your black book,
... I can make some spare money selling the pages.

We could develop an app for The Android, called "Aftab's Harem" and retire!
I will be the quality control inspector, you can do the IT stuff.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
We could develop an app for The Android, called "Aftab's Harem" and retire!
I will be the quality control inspector, you can do the IT stuff.

Remember, this is Aftab's Black Book.
It contains nothing but the finest the D.R. has to offer, I won't need a "Quality Control Inspector".