Please help abandoned Santiago children

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbsuib

Apr 13, 2006
Please help the kids from the Emiliano Tardif orphanage.They lost their home and were forced to move into an abondoned school without proper facilities to host 25 kids. I am raising funds to make the school house in Santiago liveable and eventually build a new more suitable home. Please contribute. A tax receipt can be provided and if you have volunteered with these kids before , you know how special they are and how well run the facility is
Thanks
Stevi
Click on link for more info. or to contribute.
Please help abandoned and orphaned children in the Dominican Republic -- Indiegogo

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Can't improve on this appeal. It is for real and it is true.

I am hoping Stevie will post a story or two of some of these children

HB

sbsuib

Apr 13, 2006
No names mentioned to protect the children but here goes
Beautiful 9 year old ***** arrriived while we were there visiting. Her mom was working as a maid and the the woman she worked for told her she could only keep one of her daughter. **** was found by a neighbor abandoned and abused. Her mother had chosen to keep her younger sister.
7 year old XXXXX was found at age 2 tied to garbage in a dump while her mom was out prostituting. When she was brought there alll she did was cry and she was terrified of all adults. She has grown into a beautiful happy child full of smiles and love due to the quality care that she receives at the Emiliano Tardiiff Orphanage.
14 year old xxx was brought back to her father when they realized they were losing the house and needed to find a place to live. He told the house mother if she left his daughter with him, he would kill her. Her mother is already dead. She was so devastated she had a nervous breakdown and had to be sedated intravenously. The women from the orphanage promised that that they would never abandon her.
More stories later!!! Please help. These kids are getting quality care and if able to remain together willl flourish and become productive citizens!!!! Tax receipt can be provided.

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Where ,where can one drop off some goodies to assist the large FAMILY!

Hey I donated dinero , but where can one drop off some stuff that may be useful ie sheets ,paces practical items for the large family .?

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
No names mentioned to protect the children but here goes
Beautiful 9 year old ***** arrriived while we were there visiting. Her mom was working as a maid and the the woman she worked for told her she could only keep one of her daughter. **** was found by a neighbor abandoned and abused. Her mother had chosen to keep her younger sister.
7 year old XXXXX was found at age 2 tied to garbage in a dump while her mom was out prostituting. When she was brought there alll she did was cry and she was terrified of all adults. She has grown into a beautiful happy child full of smiles and love due to the quality care that she receives at the Emiliano Tardiiff Orphanage.
14 year old xxx was brought back to her father when they realized they were losing the house and needed to find a place to live. He told the house mother if she left his daughter with him, he would kill her. Her mother is already dead. She was so devastated she had a nervous breakdown and had to be sedated intravenously. The women from the orphanage promised that that they would never abandon her.
More stories later!!! Please help. These kids are getting quality care and if able to remain together willl flourish and become productive citizens!!!! Tax receipt can be provided.

Made a donation on the website and I would like to know if there is anything else that can be donated. Thanks.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Just got back from there. Need to hook up the inverter...that's about 7 Gs worth of wiring and breakers...but I think I can manage. We are so lucky in that our electrician/plumber/get-it-done guy just happened to be the one who installed the wiring and plumbing when that house was built 30 or so years ago...

I will have some budgets ready on Monday...

HB

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Your donation section has PayPal..........Excellent......
Finally, photos worth looking at..............
Keep up the great work you are doing..........
I owned private schools in the states, if you ever need help let me know..........

B in Santiago

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
If HB is vouching for it then they definitely got my contribution.

I agree.

I also posted the donation link to my Facebook page, if we all do that it will serve to get the word out there.

Every Dollar, Euro, Peso, Yen, etc. will help.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Not to play devils advocate but why did the Government close down the house and why isn't there any government funding available, at least to get the new place liveable?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Not to play devils advocate but why did the Government close down the house and why isn't there any government funding available, at least to get the new place liveable?

Perfectly valid comment.

It was not the Government but the courts. As far as I know, it happened because before the guy could be extradited, the DR government had to clear the case in the DR. So charges here were dropped, but the DNCD had already seized house, cars and money, jewelry. The capo went to the US, was tried, convicted, and sent to jail. He served his time, got time off for being a good guy and returned. (He recently said that he spent like US$800.000 on lawyers in the states) Upon his return he hired lawyers and sued to get his properties back.

The Hogar Imaculada Concepci?n/Emiliano Tardiff had received the capo's house from the Mejia administration for their social work. They receive no government assistance, not even water or electricity, they pay as they go. I had to go down and get them a water contract a few years ago. The courts agreed with the plaintiff, and ordered his stuff returned. So he came in and told them to get out. "SantiaguerRD" was there one day when he arrived. He is a real piece of sh!t, for sure, but he is probably right.

So out go the kids...and into a tiny, for them, 3 BR house...however, in a nice area. Believe me, everything that comes in gets used to the best of our ability. nyc dad recently sent a barrel of toys which will be used for birthdays and stuff.

And I keep trying to help.

HB

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Perfectly valid comment.

It was not the Government but the courts. As far as I know, it happened because before the guy could be extradited, the DR government had to clear the case in the DR. So charges here were dropped, but the DNCD had already seized house, cars and money, jewelry. The capo went to the US, was tried, convicted, and sent to jail. He served his time, got time off for being a good guy and returned. (He recently said that he spent like US$800.000 on lawyers in the states) Upon his return he hired lawyers and sued to get his properties back.

The Hogar Imaculada Concepci?n/Emiliano Tardiff had received the capo's house from the Mejia administration for their social work. They receive no government assistance, not even water or electricity, they pay as they go. I had to go down and get them a water contract a few years ago. The courts agreed with the plaintiff, and ordered his stuff returned. So he came in and told them to get out. "SantiaguerRD" was there one day when he arrived. He is a real piece of sh!t, for sure, but he is probably right.

So out go the kids...and into a tiny, for them, 3 BR house...however, in a nice area. Believe me, everything that comes in gets used to the best of our ability. nyc dad recently sent a barrel of toys which will be used for birthdays and stuff.

And I keep trying to help.

HB

H.B. and I traded a lot of PM's this morning. More then we have in almost 10 years! I asked a lot of questions and H.B was very kind and what he could not answer right off... he found them.

H.B. said that he would take some photos showing the conditions while he was working there today. I sounds like H.B. and Stevi have so much to do that... we may not see photos as promised.

Just about anything and everything is needed and used OR put into a "garage" sale.

ONE thing that is needed now, as indicated, is just to keep the kids going with food and day to day stuff. That I can not help with being on the north coast.

I'm looking at all the extra "stuff" that I have; usable and working "stuff". I'll load it into my trailer and take it down. I'd be more then happy to be a collection point for the north coast/Sosua area to haul usable "stuff" along with mine. Please PM me.

Thanks H.B. and Stevi. Looks like you need a little help.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Two comments:
1) The organization was not "squatting" ! That house was given to the people running the orphanage as a donation.(After the DNCD folks stripped it pretty clean.
2) It was not the government, but the courts...it was a legal eviction according to all my lawyer friends. The rest is right on
You can see at the beginning the spaciousness of the former place and the tight situation of the newer place....

Good show Stevie and Holly!!

HB

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
Thanks for giving us the opportunity to help and especially for the great things you folks are trying to accomplish. Best of luck and many blessings... Ben

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Faculty meeting got in the way. I will be going over there this morning if at all possible. SantiagueroRD was there the other day, but I haven't heard back from him...
My guy is there now fixing a leak in the water tank. I found out that the cistern has a crack in it and is losing water, so that is why their water bill is over 3000 a month! Of course! So I think we have a solution for that, we'll see if it works.

HB

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
Good Morning I stopped in at the new location for the orphanage a couple of days ago. It is not just cramped but if it were a US Federal or local prison the sleeping space with bunk beds with about SIX inches between them would be illegal. This is a regular sized small concrete house with 20 kids and the adult chaperones squeezed in. I gave out the birthday presents and visited for a while. One chaperone told me that not only is it wayyyyyyyyyyy too small they are having trouble with getting enough daily food. The place will never be large enough. I do what I can how about you???????

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I put a photo on Facebook yesterday of the "classroom" I will see if I can get two more uploaded. I am a horrible photographer.

HB

Status
Not open for further replies.