I am looking for health care job in Dominican Republic

Shahid

Aug 26, 2012
Hi Everyone,

I am Dominican Citizen, graduated from LA UASD in M.D. I am looking for job in Medical/Health care with good pay until i get proper career job, as i'm a family man too.

Thanks.

Shahid

Aug 26, 2012
What exactly is your training ???

Family Doctor, but until i get a job in any hospital i am looking for something for survival, few days i need to work before i can start my career full time as a doctor. Is any medical, health care, or pharmaceutical companies hiring these days?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
"good pay"? my friend is a doctor who graduated from PUCMM, she works in emergency clinic for less than 10k pesos a month. it is rather difficult to get a well paid position if you do not know the right people.
but by no means, do try. dominican pharma industry is thriving, try ibero farmacos (santiago) or ethical (SD).

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
"good pay"? my friend is a doctor who graduated from PUCMM, she works in emergency clinic for less than 10k pesos a month. it is rather difficult to get a well paid position if you do not know the right people.
but by no means, do try. dominican pharma industry is thriving, try ibero farmacos (santiago) or ethical (SD).

Damn, I can't believe a doctor who graduated from PUCMM can even accept 10k per week.. unbelievable.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002

I wonder if she gets paid that low due to some form of obligation to the state. I say that because that is way too close to the minimum wage that was just increased. A watchman makes about 7000 pesos /mo.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
I wonder if she gets paid that low due to some form of obligation to the state. I say that because that is way too close to the minimum wage that was just increased. A watchman makes about 7000 pesos /mo.

I'm starting to think people on this site actually believe the minimum wages are adhered to in the DR.. LOL..

Btw, I'm chatting with my cousin who gets paid (and is complaining) 4k RD$ a month working at a cell phone shop :)

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Clean Hands

... my cousin who gets paid (and is complaining) 4k RD$ a month working at a cell phone shop :)

My farm hands get 8.5k/month.
Difficult to get someone who does 'fincal' work nowadays... :cry:
Here near LT everybody wants clean hands jobs.

donP

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Our maid gets 5000, medical insurance, food (5 days a week 9:30-4:30). My wife's neice makes 27,000 as a doctor in Santo Domingo, and her husband makes more as he is a surgeon. Another relative makes 19,000 as IT at one of the Christian schools. Teachers make anywhere from 10,000 - 35,000 depending on school, qualification, and senority.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
What is the minimum wage, officially?
We used to pay our watchman 26pesos an hour on 12 hour shifts 6 days a week, between 7 and 8 mil a month. That sounds well above others wage but if that is at 26 an hours, what must the minimum be? Sounds low enough at that.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
this is a position within public health care. she was supposed to work in a bournigal clinic, she won an opening there. but just before she started she got the later saying they made a mistake, sorry. apparently they overlooked some promo/a of an existing doctor (priority entry, of course) so they kicked out some nobody....