Seeking advice

Sunshine4

Aug 26, 2012
My estranged husband has started a "relationship" with a Dominican woman he met off a mail order bride website. He and I have an infant child and are in the process of divorcing. I would like to get an idea of what I should expect to have to deal with when he finally gets her to the U.S. He has made several trips to the DR, taking items that appear to be household goods.
Thank you for your time.

Dec 26, 2011
I would like to get an idea of what I should expect to have to deal with when he finally gets her to the U.S.

Assuming he ever gets her to the US, why should this be something that you have to "deal with"?

Sunshine4

Aug 26, 2012
Seeking advice (not certain of which thread to post)

Seeking advice
My estranged husband has started a "relationship" with a Dominican woman he met off a mail order bride website. He and I have an infant child and are in the process of divorcing. I would like to get an idea of what I should expect to have to deal with when he finally gets her to the U.S. He has made several trips to the DR, taking items that appear to be household goods.
Thank you for your time.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Thank you for your time.

He's been taking household goods to the DR? Maybe his intention is to live there.

Sunshine4

Aug 26, 2012
My concern is this person will be around our child and influencing my ex-husband. Because of the manner they met her, motive concerns me. I don't want to generalize but from what I gather it seems she desires to influence him on how to proceed forward. He is a man of substance and has expensive taste when it comes to material possessions. The items I saw did not seem to be those he would have chosen for himself. I mentioned it because it was something I noticed.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Well she will be round your child if your child is around you husband, and she will be influencing his decisions in life, that is how a successful relationship works, you make decisions together as a couple or family unit. What exactly are you asking? What is this woman likely to be like? How would anyone here know what someone they don't know is like? What do you want hear? That's she will be a gold digger, have no morals, no care for your child, bad influence etc? Because honestly no one knows her, only your husband.

Sunshine4

Aug 26, 2012
No, we are not together, we are finalizing our divorce. The purpose for me posting on this thread was in the hopes of getting an idea on what to possibly expect from the situation we are in. I understand that it is bold to expect anyone to really know the outcome for our family. But is it fair to assume she is a gold digger or is it possible that such arrangements can be successful. My hope is to be as informed of as many possiblities and be prepared to the best of my ability.

Dec 26, 2011
No, we are not together, we are finalizing our divorce. The purpose for me posting on this thread was in the hopes of getting an idea on what to possibly expect from the situation we are in. I understand that it is bold to expect anyone to really know the outcome for our family. But is it fair to assume she is a gold digger or is it possible that such arrangements can be successful. My hope is to be as informed of as many possiblities and be prepared to the best of my ability.

It sounds like you're not done with this relationship. Have you communicated this clearly to your ex?

Sunshine4

Aug 26, 2012
Yes, my ex-husband is aware of how I feel; at this point my concern is our child. This element has created a scenario that is not common to me or to those in my life.

Sunshine4

Aug 26, 2012
I've read some of the threads before I posted my question. I truly appreciate your input and believe you are sincere.

Dec 26, 2011
Yes, my ex-husband is aware of how I feel; at this point my concern is our child. This element has created a scenario that is not common to me or to those in my life.

There's no reason to expect that this scenario would place your child in harm's way. Best wishes.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Most Dominican women are really good mothers. I would not worry too much about your child being in any danger whatsoever.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I'm not sure what your concern is. The fact that he brings a Dominican woman to the US at some point, after he goes though the process of trying to get her a visa, why do you think this is going to cause a problem for you. You are likely to be
divorced before that happens.

The fact that this woman is somebody he met on a mail order bride website is not likely to be an asset when he goes to the US Consulate to get a visa for her. There are a zillion Dominican woman trolling for foreign men in the hopes that this will get them a visa to the US. I'm sure the Consulate has a lot of experience dealing with these women.

He sounds like somebody you are fortunate to be getting rid of.