heat gun in luggage?

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Only if you have it plugged into an ac/dc converter with battery and plugged in and turned on...............
Now if your heating gun takes 45's there could be a problem.........lol
Yes, I'm being facetious..........

B in Santiago

djuno718

Dec 1, 2007
well it's used not new. Why would i be fined? I thought american appliances were tax free? :p do they sell them in santiago? maybe pricemart? I've never actually looked for one, so i wouldnt know. But if i can buy one over there, then i wouldnt even bother taking it over.

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
They will whack you with an import tax should it be discovered because it has an electrical cord. They have a formula they charge against based on the wattage of a device. I was tagged once, a long time ago, but have since learned some circumvention 'techniques' involving wadded up pesos.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
He won't get taxed, it is just a glorified hair dryer, and used at that.

My comment about the fine was sarcastic, about the brand you chose, but it seems to have gone over your head.

djuno718

Dec 1, 2007
nah not really. sarcasim is my way of life. Hence the smiley at the end of the first sentence 8). Thanks for the replys guys! i appreciate it! P.s. i was actually thinking about a ryobi! LOL

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
nah not really. sarcasim is my way of life. Hence the smiley at the end of the first sentence 8). Thanks for the replys guys! i appreciate it! P.s. i was actually thinking about a ryobi! LOL

You wont have any trouble, we have brought drills and all kinds of household stuff.
I brought the whole dremmel kit and then some:cheeky:

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
PJT suspects the author of the post is concerned the heat gun because of its design may raise the eyebrows of the TSA. Do not pack it in your checked baggage, security people out of your sight will be forced to open the suspect bag and rummage through your things to verify the properties of the item. It would be best to place it in your carry-on and have the screeners review it within your sight and under what little control you may have.

Regards,

PJT