Pichardo Jr. Assaulted

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Santo Domingo
Four shots were fired at a vehicle, driven by the son of Telemicro journalist Carlos Pichardo, two bullets hit the driver's door.
The young man is convinced that it was an attack on his life. He was on his way home after work when his car was intercepted by a green car. Two men with pistols got out and started shooting as the victim's car sped away.
The incident was reported at the Villa Duarte police station from where later officers led the victim to his home.

Desconocidos intentan atracar hijo periodista Carlos Pichardo

donP

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Santo Domingo
Four shots were fired at a vehicle, driven by the son of Telemicro journalist Carlos Pichardo, two bullets hit the driver's door.
The young man is convinced that it was an attack on his life. He was on his way home after work when his car was intercepted by a green car. Two men with pistols got out and started shooting as the victim's car sped away.
The incident was reported at the Villa Duarte police station from where later officers led the victim to his home.

Desconocidos intentan atracar hijo periodista Carlos Pichardo

donP

i am relieved that the young man suffered no adverse effects of this monstrous act. however, it bemuses me that the report says that he is convinced that it was an attempt on his life. you think?

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
Things like this is what really discourages me about living in DR. Ive been following the newspapers closely, and just as you thought armed assaults were going down, something like this happens.

DOC1727

Aug 30, 2011
When I hear things like this it just makes me mad and wish balaguer goverment was back in power again. These type of things just would not have happend or been allowed during those times.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Give it 10 years and they will be screaming out for expats, even if it means handing out fire arms with every cedula, which would be interesting.

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
I was looking at some homicide data for DR I downloaded from a DR1 thread here and it shows that more than half of the homicides are "ri?a personal". Very alarming.

nyc dad

Bronze
Jul 28, 2011
Shouldn't that give you peace of mind? if you don't have rinas with anybody you should be fine.

I was looking at some homicide data for DR I downloaded from a DR1 thread here and it shows that more than half of the homicides are "ri?a personal". Very alarming.

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
Shouldn't that give you peace of mind? if you don't have rinas with anybody you should be fine.

Yeah, its one way of looking at it; I just brought it up cause my cousin is a PN; and I always commented to him how I read about this asalto in the newspaper, and he always told me that is the least of your worries. The worst is getting into an argument with an idiot on the street and him pulling out a gun.

Olvidado

Jun 19, 2012
Looks like a message was sent, if they want it to kill him, they will fire more than 4 shots.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
With the price of bullets here................
Maybe they could only afford 4..........

B in Santiago